Mozzarella Tutorial

Making butter, ice creams and cheeses for the homestead table.
Farmfresh

Re: Mozzarella Tutorial

Unread post by Farmfresh » Mon May 13, 2019 5:07 am

Very valuable information Doc! Thanks for sharing it. It puts scientific research into that majical liquid that is raw cows milk. Do you know if the steroid also occurs in other raw milks as well? Like goats milk?

Still so sad about Tinkerbell. With your background you need to simply learn how to AI your cows for the future. That way you can keep them home and safer. My cousin learned to AI when she was about 12 years old, so I know it is something that you could learn to do.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Icu4dzs

Unread post by Icu4dzs » Mon May 13, 2019 8:20 am

I have a binder with that information. Doing it isn’t that difficult. I don’t have the equipment. Not really cost effective for only one cow. You need to keep liquid nitrogen around and the folks at Sunset Colony do it really well. I visit with them every week.
That’s actually where tinkerbelle came from. They sold her to me.
You're believing it is not required for it to be true. TMM
Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni
Trim sends
//BT//

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Mon May 13, 2019 2:56 pm

When my cousin was doing it she would go by a big Angus operation to buy the semen straws and they sent them home with her in the nitrogen tank. After she did the AI she would return their tank to them. She also ordered Longhorn semen from several places around the country. It seems like they were all shipped in tanks already. She always did the AI simply because they only had a few cows to breed each season.

I just hate sending animals on and off of the property. You never know what is going to happen with them while they are gone and what they might bring back home to the rest of the animals.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Return to “The Home Dairy”