Wildlife Sightings

calendula

Re: Wildlife Sightings

Unread post by calendula » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:29 pm

That is what is odd; there is quite a bit of hunting in our area, so I'm surprised that they are coming in so close. I'm wondering if they are having a harder time finding food right now because of our extended winter?

The wild birds here are in trouble. People are reporting dead or dying birds all over. |em17| I have been filling my feeders a couple times a day; they are just cleaning me out of seed and suet, the poor things. I had a huge flock of redwing blackbirds here over the weekend. The side yard and driveway were black with them. It was a pretty amazing sight; the pictures just aren't quite the same as seeing them in person:

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:05 pm

Wow. You are really a sanctuary from the storm for those poor birds. I bet they are all blaming their tour guide for getting the seasons mixed up.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

dizzy

Unread post by dizzy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:07 pm

At least we don't have the snow.

I did get a thrill today at my feeder. I had a pair of goldfinches! This is the first ones I've had at my feeder. And, not too long ago, I had a male, downy woodpecker!

Return to “The Wild Things”