Rain Rain, go away. Come again some other day!

bittersweetbranch

Rain Rain, go away. Come again some other day!

Unread post by bittersweetbranch » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:35 pm

And so it does. The creeks are full, the grass is growing, and all the stock tanks are full with no effort on my part. There's always a 'sweet' to the 'bitter', hence our name: Bittersweet Branch. All this humidity helped my mother goose hatch 10 of her 11 eggs in the last 2 days. The temps haven't been too high yet either for this time of year. Had a pig that we let breed too late in the winter and I was really worried about the heat. 2 days ago the high was in the 70's and thankfully she had 10 marvelous little piglets.
Thanks for letting me into the group! I love all of the farm animals, and anything textile. My husband is our master gardener. So far we have had spinach and lettuce salads, broccoli, and cauliflower, and cherries. Soon to come is cabbage, onions, tomatoes, and peppers, and zucchini. We hope we will have potatoes, pumpkins, and cucumbers. We also grow our own pork. We have a few cows, a few sheep for fiber, a draft horse, and lots and lots of poultry.
I'm excited to get to know all of you and share ideas.

Farmfresh

Re: Rain Rain, go away. Come again some other day!

Unread post by Farmfresh » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:55 am

Welcome to the forum!

Take a little tour and get to know some of our good folks here. A few things to know ... most of us start up a journal on the journal pages. This is where we keep track of what we are doing on our homesteads and share our lives with others. Journals are yours and pretty much go where you lead them. They are also private, which means that you must be a forum member to view them. This keeps our general information more private from the world. That said... always be careful with anything you put anywhere on the internet. Only share what you want most of the world to know. (but you know all that)

For our other folks out there... I met bittersweet by selling her some of my turkey hatching eggs. She is lives about an hour north of me and is going to fit right in.

When she speaks of humidity, she knows her topic! It was SOOOOO humid here yesterday and now today it is raining again. Weather today said we are to expect around 2 1/2 inches more rain.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:37 am

Hi from Southern OREGON, where I now live on a golf course, of all places. Life take twists and turns....

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:44 am

We truly believe in the mantra... Homesteading is not about WHERE you live - it is HOW you live.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:45 am

Thank you, FF. Just yesterday I repacked all my dehydrated food into fresh clean boxes and put them in my bedroom. Yup...I'm there with you all, regardless.

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:32 pm

Welcome Bittersweetbranch |em6| I live on about 1/4 acre in an older housing development with neighbors all around me in Washington state.

I tend to push my limits with fruit trees, garden, 16 chickens (2 are Mama's and 6 chicks between them), 4 turkey poults, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 semi-adult sons, and myself.

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:32 pm

Hi bittersweetbranch nice to have another like minded person join the forum. I live on 1/5 acre in a subdivision in Northern Illinois. I garden when my health allows it, I have fruit trees, bushes and a berry patch.

I used to have chickens years ago but sadly I no longer have any. I only have my dog and my son still lives at home with me.

Return to “Pull Up A Chair and Introduce Yourself”