Foraging - Confessions of a Seed Thief

Farmfresh

Foraging - Confessions of a Seed Thief

Unread post by Farmfresh » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:31 am

My name is Farmfresh... and I am a seed thief.

This time of year I constantly see beautiful landscaping displays... in public places, in shopping malls, in the drive through lane of the ATM ... that have gone way past their prime. In most cases this time of year they are just standing there... with FULL seed heads on spent blooms. They taunt me and tempt me, so I look to see no one is watching and snatch off the flower heads to take that seed home with me. I do this so often I should actually start carrying little empty baggies and a marking pen in my purse, so that I have a place to keep the seeds safe until I get them home. I have actually obtained several varieties over the years using this "foraging" method.

Anyone else out there a seed thief?
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Rhodie Ranch

Re: Foraging - Confessions of a Seed Thief

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:12 pm

|em28| I've been known by only me, to snip a piece of plant to root it. I hate that I'm stealing but....

I own about 12 trees that were all grown by a tree hobbyist who found the seeds for the trees, and planted them and nourished them to grow. Catalpa, two pines, a bunch of japanese maples, a golden chain, and I don't remember what else.

Farmfresh

Re: Foraging - Confessions of a Seed Thief

Unread post by Farmfresh » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:51 pm

But is it really SOOO wrong? I mean really... who would notice a single root or two pulled out of the middle of an overcrowded bed of Stella de Oro daylilies? Or a root laying on the sidewalk in a bed of iris? (yes I have been tempted by both of these)

|em28|
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Return to “Foraging”