Fried Green Tomatoes

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
Old Fashioned

Fried Green Tomatoes

Unread post by Old Fashioned »

We've had it a few times over the years only because I have picky eaters. I like em for a change of pace. I have always just sliced them up, seasoned with salt & pepper & fried them for a few minutes on each side. I may have even dipped them in seasoned flour a time or two. But the other day it came up when talking with SIL and she said to dip the slices in egg, then in cornmeal to fry. I've not heard of that (except doing that for fried okra), but it sounds good too.

So what's your favorite recipe for Fried Green Tomatoes???

Farmfresh

Re: Fried Green Tomatoes

Unread post by Farmfresh »

I have had them both ways and also with Louisiana brand Fish Fry. It is seasoned cornmeal for breading fish and veggies.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil »

I’ve done them dipped in egg, then in seasoned flour mixed with a bit of cornmeal for extra crunch before. I’ve also done them dipped in flour, then egg and seasoned breadcrumbs.

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned »

Farm, that sounds good. I use Louisiana Fish Fry when I do catfish, that or Zatarain's, whichever is available &/or cheaper. Both are good. I've not thought to use it for anything else.

Thanks for the ideas ladies |em23|

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch »

My Grandparents, Miller side, made fried green tomatoes whenever we saw them, which was few and far between. I wasn't a fan.
Found water and ------better weather, yeah, maybe not.....

dizzy

Unread post by dizzy »

I've never had them, but want to try.