Flourless Chocolate Cookies

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
patriceinil

Flourless Chocolate Cookies

Unread post by patriceinil »

I thought I’d make a separate post of this recipe instead of leaving it in my journal so that I can find it easier later.

https://bellyfull.net/wprm_print/25263

These are definitely a keeper! They are crispy around the edges and chewy in the center. They remind me of the corner of a pan of brownies. I’m not sure how well they will store but I’m going to add them to my Christmas baking.

I used walnuts instead of the pecans that the recipe called for. I used my small cookie scoop to portion it and got 32 cookies. I can’t imagine how big they would have been if I portioned them according to the directions.

I placed my 1 cup measuring cup in the picture so you could see how much the dough spread and how large the cookies are from the 1 Tablespoon scoop portion.

You definitely need to bake them on parchment paper and you ABSOLUTELY must allow them to cool completely before trying to remove them from the parchment paper or you’ll tear the cookies up.

Be warned these are sweet but 1 or 2 will definitely take care of your sweet tooth craving.

dizzy

Re: Flourless Chocolate Cookies

Unread post by dizzy »

It says they last for 3 days. I would have to make a smaller batch of them since I don't know that I'd be able to eat a whole batch in that amount of time.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh »

They sound wonderful! I bet you could make them up and freeze them or freeze up the extra dough as well as cutting the recipe.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

patriceinil

I think they will last longer than 3 days stored in an airtight container but they’ll probably get softer from sitting.

I’m making another batch in a few minutes to give some away with some fudge tomorrow.

patriceinil

I tried lightly spraying some Pam on the parchment paper to help the cookies peel off it easier but it didn’t work. The Pam made the cookies spread way too thin and wasn’t a good idea. They got really crispy instead of chewy.

patriceinil

The really thin crispy cookies softened up after sitting in my plastic cake carrier all day. My son loves these cookies, he drops 4-5 in a wide coffee mug and pours milk over them. Then he just grabs them out and eats them instead of dunking them.

I prefer the thicker ones especially for giving away but the thin ones that softened up are good for a quick snack on the go too!

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh »

Yum!
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!