Holiday Sweet Treats

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
Farmfresh

Re: Holiday Sweet Treats

Unread post by Farmfresh »

I have chocolate caramel pretzels and chocolate cherry mice on the plans so far. Both will be fun and easy to make with Kid. The caramel pretzels is just a Rolo melted over a GF pretzel and the mice are just stemmed maraschino cherries dipped and decorated.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned »

patriceinil wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:47 am I’m glad the thread helped settle the recipe debate for you OF! I just love to make and receive homemade goodies as gifts. |em1|

Peppermint patties may have to get added to my list as well, those sound really good right now. :wink:
Patrice...…..just remember the recipe I had used and can attest too, is the boiled potato mixed with powder sugar and peppermint extract for the centers, then rolled, flattened and dipped in chocolate. |em24|

The original recipe with corn syrup, I have NOT done and can't verify how good it is or how well it works. |em22|

Farm......chocolate covered cherries???? Love em and one year (many years ago) I had made some...just the cherries dipped in chocolate. Maybe someday I might attempt to try the 'cordials' with the creamy goop inside |em24|

Farmfresh

You use a chocolate kiss decorated with almond slivers for ears as the head of the mouse. Then you hold the maraschino cherry by the stem and dip it. While the chocolate is hot you stick it on the bottom of the kiss and that is the mouse's body. They make a cute and tasty mouthful.

We did white chocolate too.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil »

Very cute FF!

I’ve made the peppermint patties before but IIRC Iused a can of sweetened condensed milk. I’ll have to dig my recipe out and check it.

dizzy

Unread post by dizzy »

Those are so cute!

Farmfresh

The pic was not mine, but it looks a lot like the ones that we made.

dizzy

Unread post by dizzy »

I had something different last night, bugles stuffed w/peanut butter, then dipped in chocolate. I was good, and only took one. Went back to get more, and they were gone!

Farmfresh

What a good idea! Unfortunately when I looked them up Bugles are not considered Gluten Free, but the rest of the world should enjoy them.

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil »

Yep, I checked them too last year. |em17| Maybe I’ll play with the peanut butter filling from my peanut butter eggs and some Chex cereal to do a peanut butter and chocolate drizzled muddy buddy mix.

Farmfresh

This one would make MY holiday sweet.