The "What's For Supper?" Thread

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
patriceinil

Re: The "What's For Supper?" Thread

Unread post by patriceinil »

I had gluten free spaghetti with meat in the sauce and meatballs that I had in the freezer.

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch »

I believe the flavors "meld" over night. I love left overs!
Found water and ------better weather, yeah, maybe not.....

bittersweetbranch

Unread post by bittersweetbranch »

I just read on another site yesterday that gluten free is causing metal overloads in people. Supposedly, the gluten attaches to all the extras you have in your body that you don't need and helps eliminate it. People who are doing gluten free aren't ridding themselves of the extras and they are getting sick. Any information from you guys on it?

patriceinil

I haven’t heard that, I’ll have to research it, thanks. I wish it would bind to my iron and hold onto it so my anemia would improve.

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch »

I found a package of very thin cut pork chops in my old freezer. What to do with them? There must be 8 or 10 frozen in a lump.
Found water and ------better weather, yeah, maybe not.....

patriceinil

Pan sauté them or cut them up any make stir fry or fried rice with them.

patriceinil

I made BLT Dip for dinner tonight, I wanted something quick and fairly light but filling. I serve the dip on toast points.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh »

bittersweetbranch wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:21 am I just read on another site yesterday that gluten free is causing metal overloads in people. Supposedly, the gluten attaches to all the extras you have in your body that you don't need and helps eliminate it. People who are doing gluten free aren't ridding themselves of the extras and they are getting sick. Any information from you guys on it?
We are Celiac (and wheat allergic) here and Patrice is at a minimum gluten intolerant. Celiacs can not process the gluten in wheat, barley and rye. We lack a gene the produces the enzymes necessary. When you can't process it it damages your intestines especially and other parts of your digestive tract and some internal organs as well. The cilia within the gut die and the intestinal wall is inflamed. Often the damage is permanent. With the damage that gluten causes us we do not absorb minerals or other nutrients properly. So, rather than a metal overload, most of us are severely anemic and deficient in important nutrients, like iron, sulfur, magnesium and others. Just the polar opposite of too much metal.

Now people that are gluten free as a fad diet??? Who knows how the diet is effecting them??
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

patriceinil

FF, I am fairly certain I am celiac, my niece and a cousin both tested positive through a biopsy. The niece is my twin sister’s daughter. Besides I react pretty quickly when exposed to gluten.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh »

I think you are too. I just didn't want to be the one diagnosing you.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!