Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
patriceinil

Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix

Unread post by patriceinil »

Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix

1 tablespoon onion flakes
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper blend or dehydrated bell pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoon corn starch
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard

Blend the seasonings together and add to 1 pound of browned ground beef along with 8 ounces of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup water. Simmer 10 minutes to blend flavors throughout the meat and sauce.

This also works well when making shredded beef sloppy Joe's, just use 2-3 batches of seasoning mix for the roast.

Farmfresh

Re: Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix

Unread post by Farmfresh »

Thanks for posting this. I used to have several seasoning mix recipes, but who knows where they went. I will be using this one.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil »

I went looking for my recipe this morning and had to get it off another forum I used to be on. I figured I’d share it then I’ll know it’s on here if I lose it again.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh »

Good idea!
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!