Taco Seasoning Mix

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
patriceinil

Taco Seasoning Mix

Unread post by patriceinil »

Taco Bell Meat Seasoning

1 1/3 lb. Lean Finely Ground Chuck
1 1/2 Tbs. Mesa Corn Flour
4 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Seasoned Salt
1/2 tsp. Paprika
1/4 tsp. Cumin
1/2 tsp. Garlic Salt
1/4 tsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Dry Minced Onions
1/2 tsp. Beef Bouillon

Mix together all ingredient except the taco meat. Stir the spice mixture well making sure that all spices have been blended well. Crumble ground beef and brown stirring well. Remove from heat, rinse with hot water and drain water and grease from beef. Return ground chuck to the pan and add taco seasoning. Add 3/4 - 1 cup water to ground beef and taco seasoning and simmer on medium low temperature for 20 minutes. Simmer until most of moisture has cooked away.
Remove from heat when moisture in meat as dissipated but meat is not dry.

Farmfresh

Re: Taco Seasoning Mix

Unread post by Farmfresh »

Have you ever tried a brand of seasoning called Spanish Gardens? They make a really soupy taco sauce which is not too hot, but they also have a seasoning mix - also sold in the glass sauce jar - that is wonderful. All that the mix contains is various dried peppers. For years now I have used their seasoning mix in place of the chili powder and paprika in my taco recipes. It is AMAZING stuff. Really rich flavor, kind of smoky and not too spicy. I use it when I make my chili as well.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

patriceinil

I’ve never heard of it before, I’ll have to Google it.

Farmfresh

They sell it at Walmart.

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

Farmfresh

Interesting.... Walmart shows these ingredients.

That may be the Taco SAUCE, but it is not what the back of my bottle in the cabinet says.

It says - '" Ingredients : Selected Ancho Chili Peppers, Salt and Spices."

That is all.

I think Walmart is confused.

I also noticed that this is a locally made product for me. Made in Kansas City, Kansas.

patriceinil

I can’t eat MSG so it may be a no go.

Farmfresh

The seasoning does NOT have MSG. I think the sauce may have. ???

The back of my bottle in the cabinet says. '" Ingredients : Selected Ancho Chili Peppers, Salt and Spices."

NO MSG. Or vinegar or tomato or anything else.

It smells and tastes like smokey peppers and a bit of salt. I don't do MSG either.

patriceinil

I’ll have to check it out the next time I’m in Walmart.