warped fruit roll up trays

Less storage space and better long term storage.
Old Fashioned

warped fruit roll up trays

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:18 pm

My poor dehydrator's fruit roll up sheets are getting warped in such a way they don't lay flat on the trays as evidenced by all the raw egg that keeps leaking out into the bottom of the dehydrator and/or all over my counter. I'm probably losing 2-4 eggs per load, depending on how much I fill it.
I've had my dehydrator for years and at one time had looked for more roll up sheets & trays as well to expand it...….could not find the right size anywhere, even at Amazon. I had thought I found some, but they are just about 1/8th of an inch too big. I do use it sometimes, but it just doesn't sit right.

So now that my sheets that do fit the machine are seeming to warp and now won't sit flat (everything flows to one side) I'm wondering how to unwarp them without damage....any ideas??? |em22|

patriceinil

Re: warped fruit roll up trays

Unread post by patriceinil » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:52 pm

Maybe put them in a pot of boiling water to soften them up then put something heavy on it to flatten them while they cool. Or heat them up in the dehydrator then pile something on them to flatten them while they cool.

Unfortunately it sounds like they might not return to flat once they get heated up again though.

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:35 am

Thanks Patrice, I was thinking something similar....just haven't figured out how yet.

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:45 am

I would find a bunch of cans or jars that fit inside the trays then heat them up, stack them on top of each other then add the weights to see if you can get them flat again.

Another idea would be to use bricks or rocks that you heat in the oven. Stack the trays then add a piece of foil or an old towel and top with the the hot bricks/rocks.

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:56 am

Once again, there goes Patrice with A+ ideas. She's amazing.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:33 am

Agreed.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:25 pm

Thanks gals

Return to “Dehydrating and Drying”