chicken feet

Rohn

Re: chicken feet

Unread post by Rohn » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:46 am

This is an hilarious thread. Thanks for the laughs.
Rohn

(John 8:32) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. (KJV)

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:17 pm

Feel free to join in... with both chicken feet.

|em15| |em12|
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:59 pm

Today I dispatched all 4 Wyandotte hens. Quite the undertaking for me, but they've all been b*tches to the other chickens & I knew leaving any for another day wouldn't fix the problem out there. Especially since I will need to move the turkeys into the shed coop in a few weeks. So I won't be getting any new eggs for about a month, but that's ok. We haven't been using all that many lately.

THIS time I did save and clean the feet, but somehow those toenails never did come off so I let them soak in water for awhile in the hopes it would loosen up any dirt. Then I scrubbed them good. I had saved the roosters feet too, but had cut off the toenails.

Something I found out that REALLY grosses me out???? Laying the dead bird on their back and pushing down on the foot, or just pushing against the foot so the legs bend...…..and the feet GRAB YOUR FINGER & won't let go. Let's just say there was a brief moment
of panic |em26| Then of course I cut the tendon to be sure it wasn't a zombie chicken & got my finger back :lol:

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:35 am

|em26|

Thanks. I needed that tonight.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:02 am

snort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Processing Poultry”