Hot pads!

HybridHomesteader

Hot pads!

Unread post by HybridHomesteader » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:22 am

So on a FB homestead group people are always asking about hot pads. What do you use? Where do you get them? Yadda, yada..... so this is how I roll.

Cotton crocheted. Single stitch then double on the reverse. Makes it plenty thick. The tube is used for a cast iron handle.

Just thought I’d share.

G
Gina, Hybrid Homesteader, It'sMeG, TanksHill.... Mom, Wife, trouble maker extraordinaire.

Farmfresh

Re: Hot pads!

Unread post by Farmfresh » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:16 am

There WILL be a day I can crochet. I have been talking to the woman that I am helping with crafts for the Respite Night at our church. She wants to learn to knit and says she will teach me to crochet. Maybe with a hands on instructor I will finally "get it".

D2 is our pot holder machine. She does those loop loom ones. One time she got on a tangent and made about 30 of them! We are still using the supply.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:41 am

Very nice!

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:36 am

May I have that pattern? I need things to keep me busy. Edited to add, I can see this photo of Gina's work!

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:54 pm

MIL used to make those potholders and she had given me several to use and I love them. I've had mine for over 25 years. they may be stained & look bad, but they still work great. BUT I've never seen the one for the pot handle, that is a great idea.

I learned to crochet when I was in CampFire girls. Crocheting is easy (except my hands hurt doing it)…...but never did figure out how to knit

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:21 pm

And I am just the opposite. Knitting is easy to me, I was used to holding a rein in each hand, but crocheting makes me crazy.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

dizzy

Unread post by dizzy » Sun May 19, 2019 7:53 pm

Farmfresh wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:16 am
There WILL be a day I can crochet. I have been talking to the woman that I am helping with crafts for the Respite Night at our church. She wants to learn to knit and says she will teach me to crochet. Maybe with a hands on instructor I will finally "get it".

D2 is our pot holder machine. She does those loop loom ones. One time she got on a tangent and made about 30 of them! We are still using the supply.
Just finally getting caught up w/posts. FF, maybe you and this woman can start a group similar to the one I go to here in Jersey. You do not need to know how to do either. You just need to have the desire to learn. There is always someone in the group that can help you if you don't know what you're doing.

And, there have been times when people have brought in things other than knitting or crocheting. We have one woman that has done some plastic canvas. I did a latch hook rug for my DD for Christmas. Recently, I made my own pattern for one and am working on it. We've had a few woman that have joined recently that use the looms for knitting. I bought some as well, just haven't had the time to really work to figure out how to use them.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Mon May 20, 2019 6:42 am

You know dizzy... It might be an idea! I will have to talk to her about it.

Return to “Look What I Made!”