My Electric Motor Saga by Sunsaver

Sunsaver

My Electric Motor Saga by Sunsaver

Unread post by Sunsaver » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:12 am

As many of you know, I have been opening electric motors and rewiring them, changing them, learning how they operate, repairing them, and trying to make a better motor for several months now. A few weeks ago, I finally succeeded in my endeavors, and built my own, working, electric motor from scratch. I call it my "clamshell" or "shamrock" motor, named so on that day at the suggestion of our friend, Dizzy. I am currently working on my lucky motor number two, and have started writing a patent application at the behest of several friends. I can't explain all of the details until my patent is pending, for now, but I have already begun writing, and i will post my project pictures here for tantalizing proof of the fun and cool things that are coming out of my workshop these days. My lucky neighbors get to see me blowing up bikes and motors on a regular basis, banging and clanging, smoking, catching fire, or just shooting sparks as I test my latest electrical contraption on the streets in front of my home. I don't think my neighborhood is zoned for this, but I won't tell if you don't tell. Someday I might build a proper factory or sell my patent. For now it's work, transportation, a means of getting around and independent living that I am looking for, entertainment as well. It's all fun and games at Paco workshop, especially now that things are working so well. Today I tempered that fun by working, and got started on writing the scope and claims of my invention, the most grueling and difficult parts first. Doing the drawings is fun. Explaining the invention is easy and comes natural, because I am the inventor. The legalese, the patent searching, referencing, getting the claims right; those are the hardest parts. It gives me something to do, a sense of purpose. I hope to share plenty of pictures so that Y'all can watch my saga unfold, hopefully be there for me when I need bucking up, or delight with me in my ultimate triumph, if it so happens. 8-)

Farmfresh

Re: My Electric Motor Saga by Sunsaver

Unread post by Farmfresh » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:31 am

I seldom understand it, but it is always fascinating to watch you create it!
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

dizzy

Unread post by dizzy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:53 am

Ditto to that.

Sunsaver

Unread post by Sunsaver » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:02 pm

I've been busy working on firewood, and I've gotten a lot of half-rotted sweet gum split, almost a rick, and got a good work-out too. But I am expecting to get rained in tomorrow, and that will be a good time to get back to work on my new motor, Shamrock motor number 2.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:25 am

Some of us watch TV and knit or quilt when it rains... you save the planet! <rock>
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

dizzy

Unread post by dizzy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:41 am

And I sleep. (Where's the smilie to hide behind the couch?)

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:10 am

dizzy wrote:And I sleep. (Where's the smilie to hide behind the couch?)
:lol: In the Geeks "To Do" pile!

Sunsaver

Unread post by Sunsaver » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:32 pm

:lol:
Compunction, obsession, but especially when I get a vision or have a dream; I feel compelled to build these motors, generators and invertors, and electric bikes too,all of my ideas ( and Tesla's ideas) about collecting free electricity from the natural environment. Even the wind, really, is actually solar power, with the sun being the engine behind our planetary weather. Speaking of ice ages, an ice storm is expected here in about a week, after a week of freezing temperatures expected to start tonight. Gourmet popcorn is on standby, and I am hoping to build a jig tonight, a device to help speed up the process for stripping the insulation off of the data wire, a dumpster dive find that was on it's way to the local land-fill. It's difficult to recycle because of the shielding and thick layers of insulation, but there are two useful wires in each 40 foot piece, 80 foot. Five bundles of five equals twenty five, times eighty foot each equals
two thousand feet. I have four coils, and that gives me up to 500 foot of wire available for each one. That should fill my new rotor nicely, and I can probably only get about 200-300 ft. of wire on each coil anyways.

Sunsaver

Unread post by Sunsaver » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:18 am

Picture:
snapshot (138).jpg
snapshot (138).jpg (26.51 KiB) Viewed 1029 times

dizzy

Unread post by dizzy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:12 am

I'm glad you know what that pic is cuz to me it looks kind of like the inside of an ear.

Return to “Look What I Made!”