Card Swap

Quail

Card Swap

Unread post by Quail » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:54 am

Hey Everyone,

I haven't really thought this out too much (or that hard) but I've been kicking around an idea. Several of us have a lot going on and sometimes it's nice to get a word of encouragement, or just a pretty card.

I think most of you know I make cards. lol

Who would be interested in a card swap? Now in my craft groups, typically each person makes 5 cards and mails them to the person in charge of the swap and the in charge person mails 5 blank cards created by the other ones to the other swappers in the group, so everyone gets five blank cards to use to give away or as ideas for their projects.

Now I don't want to do that here, but I was thinking maybe we could kind of like a RAK. Everyone who signs up will get a card, but kind of in order? Like if Farm is the first one signed up, I'll send her a card, and she sends to the next one on the list. Or we could all send a card to each other with a note, word of encouragement, or just smile. Handwritten notes or just a thinking of you snail mail card makes people seem more real.

When I was pregnant with Squeakers, several of the members here sent me sweet little homemade gifts for her (I kept them all for her) and it showed me how many people truly did think of us, cared, and were excited for us.

I think we could use this to uplift each other. We don't need to send a gift, just a little card. What do you think?

Farmfresh

Re: Card Swap

Unread post by Farmfresh » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:29 am

Interesting idea. I am game.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:10 am

Me too!

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:14 am

Me three. I remember sending DL a card when she was going thru a divorce from her hubby.

calendula

Unread post by calendula » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:58 am

I would love that!

Quail

Unread post by Quail » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:10 pm

Ok, well we can get this started pretty quick if we want to give up our addresses lol

Do we want to vote how we do this? Do we want it to be one person mails a card out to someone and then the first recipient of a card mails to the next person? or should we all have a master copy of each other's addresses and mail random cards monthly?

Tell me what you prefer. And if you don't mind, PM addresses to me and I'll give them to the other's participating?

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:38 pm

It doesn't matter to me how it gets sorted out, just let me know when and who to mail a card to.

I'm PMing my address to you.

Quail

Unread post by Quail » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:50 pm

OK y'all, three people have sent me their addresses. I'm going to start us off by sending out a card (or more) next week, and I'll send a master copy of addresses for everyone who wants to participate to each person. Hopefully, if we keep it going, we'll all each have at least one card from each other.

Quail

Unread post by Quail » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:21 pm

Ladies, I apologize I didn't get the cards mailed this week. It has been kind of busy and crazy here. I will get them ready to mail out tomorrow or Monday and I hope you all forgive me!

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:09 pm

No problem, we all know how crazy this time of the year is for everyone.

Return to “Looking to Trade”