What Are Your Favorite YouTube Channels?

Old Fashioned

Re: What Are Your Favorite YouTube Channels?

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:02 pm

Last night I came across this video and found there are a few tips in there I'd like to know more about. One thing is storing eggs in some kind of water solution. It's kind of long, but I thought very interesting. There are several other videos as well. It's pretty much about the UK during WW2 and how people had changed & adapted.

I've also found a good one that I like as well called 'Swedish Homestead' and he has several videos on different aspects of his farm.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:06 pm

I second the motion for Swedish Homestead! It is a great channel.

I am now also watching Lumnah Acres https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_1nZU ... 5Pn3f85CaA He has a lot of cool stuff going on.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:24 am

I came across this channel and I really enjoy it, but then I like history. It's a good one for 'How they used to do it' from the 1700's and include many recipes, how it's cooked or prepared and the history with it. He's part of a 'reenactment' crowd, but occaisionally use modern conveniences. Lots of good info.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:14 pm

Thanks for sharing this link! It looks really interesting.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:54 am

I stumbled upon this lady's channel the other day and have since watched several of her videos. I just love her and want to hug her. She brings back memories of my teen years after my Aunt had married her Italian husband (and his family of course) and the holidays when we all would get together. Of course there was no get together that an argument didn't break out and they'd all start yelling in Italian...….I didn't understand most of what they said, but I'd bet it would make a trucker blush. Even his little grandmother who didn't stand more than about 4'5 :lol:

She even cans tomato sauce and puts in fresh basil to every jar. She does it open kettle method, then sticks the jars under a blanket. She has several other videos (not all Italian foods) including making bread and puts it under several layers of blankets on the couch to rise. :lol:

And a while back I found this channel. From what I understand it's 2 brothers in Serbia....most of their videos are outside cooking and not a word is spoken (not the ones I've seen) and I really like that, so there is no distraction from what & how they cook and you get the full experience just by watching.,...….but you'd have to make adjustments for making any of these at home with modern conveniences and American substitute products.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:16 am

Thanks for sharing! The Italian Grandma was a hoot. I loved her bench, so she could reach the pots! I have a strainer like that but her's has a motor. What a difference the motor makes!

Return to “Videos and Other Electric Media”