Add ins

Old Fashioned

Add ins

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Sun May 06, 2018 11:02 pm

I think we all, or many of us, add kale powder to a lot of recipes for the nutritional boost.

Then at the store, I found the 'Trilogy' a mix of flax, chia and hemp seeds that is supposed to be another good vitamin, mineral, antioxidant, Omega 3 & 6 fatty acid boost of nutrition. I bought it and had some in a salad last night and today I made a big pot of spaghetti and added some to it as well, along with some kale too just for good measure.

Seems to be good enough though a little peppery taste, but other than that I think it might show up in many a future meals. :wink:

Do you know of &/or use any other 'miracle' additive to your meals for better health????

Farmfresh

Re: Add ins

Unread post by Farmfresh » Mon May 07, 2018 7:07 am

Yup. Between my daughter's issues, my husband wanting to lose weight and dealing with my MIL starving herself to death we have gotten pretty informed about the whole nutritional supplement (via secret powders to stir) in idea.

In addition to the kale powder, I also dehydrate mashed sweet potato and turn that into a powder to add to foods. Sweet potato is a potent veggie. You can do the same with beets and beet greens.

You can stir in regular dry milk powder to a lot of recipes to "boost them up".

You can stir in extra eggs to a ton of meals and no one would ever know. Add them to sauces. Add them to gravy. Stir them in secretly or celebrate them. Like make egg custard instead of box pudding.

My daughter recently started taking Moringa. It is a leaf that has been used for people that have malnutrition. But it needs to be taken in capsule form as it tastes nasty.

https://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&field- ... mozilla-20

My weird husband uses Pea Powder as a protein supplement in smoothies. He uses the Now Sports brand. They also have egg white protein and whey protein available. AND bone broth powders! Some types like the pea are even flavored with vanilla and such.

https://www.nowfoods.com/sports-nutriti ... in-powders

I hope that gives you some ideas.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Return to “Eating for Good Health”