Diabetes 2 and hypertension

HNA

Diabetes 2 and hypertension

Unread post by HNA » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:25 pm

This is my new life. For now. All of my other plans have been put on hold till I get this under control.

The hypertension....appears to be under control now. With medications, but still under control.

The D2, is a huge learning curve. Between learning the ropes, dealing with new Rx and side effects, re-learning how to eat, blah blah blah.

I do not have any health insurance. DH has looked at the costs...for us, on his pay...it would be at or over $1,800.00..per month. With a 12K whats it called. Premium? Whatever. We pay cash for medical.

Now, that is mostly affordable. My new Diabetes Rx, was originally $466.00...a month! |em16| No...no...no. I refused to pay that. And the Dr initially wanted to put me on insulin. THAT, is $700 per month.

I got the initial oral meds for free. 30 day supply. Now, I am ordering trough Canada, @ $80.00 per 30 day supply. I am also experimenting with herbal and mineral supplements. My glucose numbers are looking really good. Even the Dr was impressed @ my first check up.

So, the herbals- I am using;

Bitter melon capsules
ACV capsules
Gymnema Sylvestre capsules
Cinnamon capsules
These all work very well with lowering BG levels.

I also tried turmeric capsules. No noticeable effect.

I am also taking magnesium capsules. Magnesium has the most impressive effect, in my situation. I just need to be careful to not OD. I haven't found out what the OD amount is. Not trying to either, but using mag. for BG management, requires higher doses.

I deal with insulin resistance due to PCOS and the fact that diabetes 2, as well as 1, is in both sides of my family.

I know many here deal with other medical issues. I wasn't sure if anyone here also lives with diabetes.

dizzy

Re: Diabetes 2 and hypertension

Unread post by dizzy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:13 pm

If we didn't have insurance due to hubby's work, I think I'd pay cash for everything as well. Even paying a penalty to the gubberment would be cheaper than buying insurance.

I don't have diabetes, but I do have problems w/hypoglycemia. I mainly watch what I eat. As long as I don't go too long w/out food, I'm good. But, I also know that I could develop diabetes.

patriceinil

Re: Diabetes 2 and hypertension

Unread post by patriceinil » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:57 pm

Watch your vitamin D level too with the diabetes. If you can try to avoid all white flour products and white rice & white potatoes they all will boost your sugar levels.

I'm type 2 diabetic with high blood pressure too but I'm also Celiac which really messes with my sugars if I get any gluten.

Return to “Home Remedies for People”