Ready to File Charges.

Vent away!
dizzy

Ready to File Charges.

Unread post by dizzy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:59 pm

Got to the farm today and once again, I found manure dumped in my field! Called RU to tell her and that I was going to put it back over the fence. Well, she didn't want me to and asked if it had to be cleaned up then. I told her yes, otherwise my chickens scatter it all over. She offered to come down w/the tractor and get it. I told her no, she'd make ruts in the field. Then she wanted to know if I could just put it in the pit. I'm trying to clean out the pit and can't because it keeps raining! I am NOT making ruts in my field to give them a place to dump manure.

I am SO done. RU thinks they're doing it because I used manure to fill in holes in the parking area. I told both RU and LF B4 I ever did it that I was going to. No one had a problem w/it-until I got it all done. And, if it's left alone, in just a very short period of time it will all break down. I know from experience that the grass there will be nice and thick-which will also help the area. But, even if that is the problem, they should come and talk to me, not put manure in my field!

I don't think any of them realize that I can file charges against both DM and LF for harassment. And, I have no doubt but that I'd win. I don't want to, but am tired of dealing w/this.

Quail

Re: Ready to File Charges.

Unread post by Quail » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:45 pm

I'd file. That would put a stop to their shit piling pretty quick.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:54 am

Agreed. You have rights. You pay for certain things and you are not getting what you are paying for.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:24 pm

Definitely file the charges but be ready for more harassment from ALL of them RU included because it will affect her in the long run.

dizzy

Unread post by dizzy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:35 pm

That's what I'm afraid of and why I have hesitated to do it.

I couldn't sleep last night. Did a bunch of praying and research, trying to figure out the Christian way to handle this. And, this is what I feel God would have me to do.

1. Put up my fence on Wednesday. I don't want to. I shouldn't have to. But, there was manure in my field again today.

2. Write DM a letter telling her NOT to put manure over the fence again, that I'm sure she doesn't realize that this is harassment and I could take legal action, but don't want to because I don't want to cause problems.

3. In the letter, apologize for upsetting them w/the manure in the parking area. That is the part I DON'T want to do. But, I feel that this is what God wants me to do. I don't see where it's a problem, but apparently, it is upsetting them and RU. And, tell them if I have to remove it in the spring, I will. (I don't have time B4 then, and I figure that by the time I have the time, it's going to be all broke down and have good grass growing, so it will be a moot point.)

W/that done, I am done dealing w/them. I figured out today how I can lock the gate into my field and make it so they cannot get in. They have no reason to be in there, so they cannot complain. Having the gate up 7, 8 feet should make it almost impossible for them to get the manure into my field-unless they go down farther. And then, it would be easier for me to clean up since the manure would now be in grass and not in the dirt.

I do not know what RU told them, but apparently DM doesn't care. And I can see that I will get no support from RU. She didn't want me to throw the manure over the fence last night, so I didn't. I put it all in buckets and put it outside of my area near the gate into LF's field. When I got to the farm to do the pm feeding, it was still in the buckets, but now the buckets were in front of my gate. They were too heavy for me to get into their field easily, so I dumped them next to the lane. I don't care what anyone says.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:06 am

Unreal.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:57 am

Time to seriously start looking for another place to board your horses because RU doesn’t care what everyone else does or puts you through. It’s her responsibility to manage issues that arise on her property with her boarders and she clearly doesn’t want to do HER JOB!

dizzy

Unread post by dizzy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:04 pm

I don't want another place to board my horses, I want them in my backyard! And, you're right, she doesn't manage issues. She tries to avoid them.

Speaking of having them in my backyard, as much as I want to move out of state, I cannot see how it will happen this year. However, I found a house that is vacant, has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2 car garage, 2.35 acres and a 3 stall barn. I like the location. I don't know if it needs work, but a friend told me I could probably get it for a lot cheaper than they're asking. Right now, it's off the market. Taxes are higher than here, but what we'd save in gas, board, etc., would probably cover that. I am praying about it.

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:29 pm

I’d say check into making that a new place to live and board your horses then.

Return to “Sometime I Just Want to Scream!”