Grocery store prices have started to rise sharply

Vent away!
Biggkidd

Re: Grocery store prices have started to rise sharply

Unread post by Biggkidd » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:22 pm

Our grocery bill has gone up 35% or more in 6 months. Worse we aren't buying nearly as much as we were 6 months ago. Almost all our vegetables for near 4 months were homegrown. It'll be near another year before we start supplying our own meat. Unless I suddenly grow fonder of chicken. Nothing much against it but far from a favorite.

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:44 am

I have a feeling we’re going to see a much larger portion of our incomes going to groceries in the very near future.

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:13 am

Yet another reason to put up whatever extras you can at this point in time. Seed shortages and crop failures with little to nothing in storage for this nation.

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:04 pm

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:29 am

Great video Patrice. Really explains things well as far as the swine flu epidemic.

Notable... DO NOT buy products from Asia.

Especially dog treats and things like pig ears. The video links the swine flu virus to things like the pig ears. Also lots of products from Asia have ended up poisoning animals and even people! Think about the recalls of the past. Lead paint on baby toys from China. Contaminated pet treats.

I make it a personal practice to never buy made in China anything. They are our enemy and they don't even care about killing their own people. Why would they care about killing a lot of us?
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:44 am

Exactly FF, when a government doesn’t care about its own people, it certainly won’t care about people they export items to.

I try not to buy things made outside the US especially food products for us or Percy.

Biggkidd

Unread post by Biggkidd » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:40 pm

patriceinil wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:44 am
Exactly FF, when a government doesn’t care about its own people, it certainly won’t care about people they export items to.

I try not to buy things made outside the US especially food products for us or Percy.
I found out the other day that foods including "fresh" meat can be labeled made in USA as long as the final packaging is done here regardless of where it came from! Which is just wrong...

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:50 am

Then there's also the question of just how much the US government cares about it's own people. We may handle it differently than places like China, but it still comes down to the same end result. So I'm not so sure just how safe it is to even buy 'Made in the USA', even with the FDA or USDA approval. |em3|

Return to “Sometime I Just Want to Scream!”