Pic options

A place to work out technical problems, solve issues and give positive suggestions.
bittersweetbranch

Re: Pic options

Unread post by bittersweetbranch » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:55 am

I did not take time to read all of the previous posts so if the answer to this is in here somewhere, I apologize. I tried to upload a MP4 video instead of a pic last night and it wouldn't let me. I ended up having hubby help and he ended up putting a link in my comments. Can we not upload videos of our own?

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:19 pm

You need to use a video hosting service... like YouTube or most of us use Imgur.

However he did it... I was able to view your video, so it worked.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Dirtdevil

Unread post by Dirtdevil » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:27 am

Is there any way to post pictures on this site other than photo sharing sites like photo bucket or Imgur? I don't trust them. When Photo bucket went all wack a few years ago all kinds of pictures I had loaded into various threats disappeared, pretty much held for ransom. I guess that was all resolved but I have never used them again.

calendula

Unread post by calendula » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:34 am

If I remember right, I think you can post a limited amount of pics directly to this site, but FF would know better. I did find this info in the FAQ:
Can I post images?

Yes, images can be shown in your posts. If the administrator has allowed attachments, you may be able to upload the image to the board. Otherwise, you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.example.com/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. To display the image use the BBCode [img] tag.

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:57 am

Cal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! |em1| |em1| |em1| |em1|

calendula

Unread post by calendula » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:03 am

Hi. :)

Dirtdevil, yes, you can upload photos directly to the site. When you are composing your post, click on the button that says "Full Editor & Preview." Scroll down a bit until you see two tabs. One tab says "Options" and the other says "Attachments." Click the Attachments tab, and then click "Add files." Then you can upload your pics. To insert them into your post, click the button that says "Place inline." Hope that helps!
Attachments
chickens.jpg
chickens.jpg (719.77 KiB) Viewed 55 times

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:03 am

Hey gal we have MISSED you!
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Dirtdevil

Unread post by Dirtdevil » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:18 pm

Thanks for the info. A picture is worth a thousand words you know.

Return to “The Ironing Board”