Older female issues

patriceinil

Re: Older female issues

Unread post by patriceinil » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:56 pm

I was so happy to have that surgery done and it relieved a LOT of pain I was having considering both ovaries were full of cysts and I had several huge fibroids.

I have a very high tolerance to pain and even after major surgery I refused the pain medications through the IV afterwards. The nurses kept coming to check if the pump was functioning properly because I hadn’t taken any. I kept telling them I was fine to just take the IV out but they wouldn’t. I finally told them to ask the doctor to order it removed because I wasn’t going to need it.

I had been home from the hospital just a few days and one of the ladies from church brought me dinner. After a short visit inside my house I was walking her around the backyard showing her the garden and chickens. She thought I was nuts to go roaming around outside after major surgery.

I had to explain to her that yes, I did have some discomfort, but that I didn’t have anywhere near the pain that I had been dealing with for years before they finally agreed to my surgery.

IIRC, I had my surgery on a Thursday and was home by Saturday. I even felt well enough to go to Bible study the following Tuesday morning but the pastor’s wife was afraid that one of the kids might bump into me so she wouldn’t let me come.

Even after my C-section I didn’t have the type of pain I had before surgery. My OB-GYN was amazed that I was up strolling the halls at the hospital after they finally let me out of bed. She kept saying I have other patients that gave birth without surgery that aren’t up walking around yet, they are begging for pain medication and I can’t get you to take any. She argued with me that I needed something for pain when I knew that I didn’t. I finally told her to just leave an order for some Motrin with the nurse. I didn’t take any of them because the pain was relieved once they delivered my son. The pain I had was joint pain from the extra weight plus the way my son was positioned and because of my curvature of spine issues in my lower back.

dizzy

Unread post by dizzy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:18 pm

And I thought I had a heavy flow!

The morning after I had mine, I woke up and had to pee really bad, so I got up and went. Not sure how much longer it was that a nurse came bustling in and said, let's see if we can get you up and get you to the bathroom. I looked at her and told her I'd already gone. I don't think she was expecting that.

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:04 am

I did almost the same thing Patrice. every one I knew only used Tampons but me? Nope. Never could use them. My uterus is tipped and the flows were so heavy, I had to put a triple folded sheet and two pads on at night for the first 4 nights. Then I was able to sleep instead of waking up and worrying.

I started when I was 15 and ended in my late 40's. But even at mid 60's I still have hot flashes. At least one or two at night which means I have to throw off the covers in my 58 degree bedroom, and then 20 min later, pull them back up. Sometimes in the car I have to lean forward for a long time since it feels like the seat heater is on.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:32 pm

I guess we have got to be thankful for what we don't have to deal with.

At least I don't have bramble patches of hair in and on my ears. |em23|

At least I don't have nose hairs that could be combed into a mustache... even if I DO have a mustache. |em15| |em12|
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

dizzy

Unread post by dizzy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:41 pm

I couldn't use Tampons either because of a tipped uterus. And then when it started to fall out, I just had them take it out. I've never regretted it. I've always said that was my favorite operation.

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:44 am

Yeah, sometimes mine starts poking out. There is a procedure for strapping it up. Can't remember what its called.

Rolls eyes....hey, I'd much rather deal with my female things than being led around by my personal appendage, like men are. Ask me how I know...... |em5|

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:49 am

Oh, one more thing...I'm so old that when I started my periods, i had to wear an elastic strap with two doo hickies on it to hold the pad in place. It was amazing technology when someone invented stick to your underwear pads! |em2| |em2|

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:12 pm

Sadly I’m all familiar with the sanitary belt and the pads that went with them. |em28| I’m only going to be 53 years old and I wore them but thankfully not that long before the self stick pads were invented.

Now they make self stick pads in various absorbency for thong panties :shock: the type my girlfriend and I call “butt floss underwear” like there’s anything there to even stick and hold the pad to the string going between your butt cheeks. :roll: |em12|

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:12 pm

Rhodie Ranch wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:44 am
Rolls eyes....hey, I'd much rather deal with my female things than being led around by my personal appendage, like men are. Ask me how I know...... |em5|
|em12|

Baby how right you are!
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:02 pm

I do remember the pads to be used with a belt, but never used the belt. In fact, never even seen one. But I did like those pads cause they were much thicker and I never (or rarely) worried about leaking thru my clothes. Any of the other brands just didn't work as well.

Mustache? Facial hair? Yep I got em……...even have a mole on my chin that has a looooong gray hair and as far as I know or can tell, that and an occaisional eye lash are the only grays I have...….so far. But I have had both those for years.

Oh and for about the last year I have had night sweats, that I didn't have before. UGH when do these stop!! |em16|

Return to “The Ladies Room”