The End of an Era

dizzy

The End of an Era

Unread post by dizzy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:34 am

Went to the Nature Center today for a bird walk. It's the first one I've been able to make all year. It's been nasty out every time they had one scheduled. And, since I spend so much time out in the weather, I didn't want to go. And while it wasn't quite as warm out there this morning as I was hoping for, I went anyway since it's the last one for the spring.

Well, found out this morning that this wasn't only the last bird walk for the spring, but the last bird walk, period. JT is retiring the end of May. When she retires, I'm done w/the Nature Center. I wasn't happy w/the direction the county was taken, and JT was powerless to stop them. So, I made the decision then, that when she retired, I was done. I'm not sorry. I'm actually thinking this is one more thing showing me that I will be moving in the not too distant future.

Farmfresh

Re: The End of an Era

Unread post by Farmfresh » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:04 pm

They are forever cutting things out, like nature centers and libraries and parks. Gotta save that money. People would rather sit in a crowd and text on their phone than go look at a bird anyway.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:36 pm

so very very sad. I'm sorry for it, for you and for your community! |em11|

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:59 pm

I’m sorry to hear that dizzy, I know you tried to do some programs with them that never really took off.

dizzy

Unread post by dizzy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:01 pm

For me, this might be good. JT has no idea what they're going to do about any of the programs that she's done in the past. So, this could leave a big gap for me to be able to start getting business.

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:03 pm

I hope it works out for your business!

dizzy

Unread post by dizzy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:41 pm

I never posted the update to this.

For years, JT had various things that she wanted to see done. She wanted an aide, either me or LK or both as part timers. She wanted live animals in the Nature Center. I don't recall now what all she wanted. She never got it.

Well, the county hired a new naturalist. He started last year. I don't know what he did over the winter because I heard of nothing going on. But, the Nature Center will be reopening next month. He has an aide, there will be live animals, and if I were to wish to continue to volunteer, I'd have to fill out all kinds of paper work. Needless to say, I'm not doing it.

I have no idea what the guy is like. He may very well be a better naturalist than JT. But, I have no desire to find out. Basically, the county wanted her to retire so they could get someone associated w/the local college. As such, I have no desire to continue helping. Plus, I read the one paper and it said something about helping me to learn so I can assist. Sorry, I don't need to learn. JT respected my knowledge, doesn't sound like the county would.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:05 pm

What a bunch of garbage. It doesn't surprise me though. Politics comes in all shapes and sizes.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Return to “Yack Yack Yack”