How's Your Weather?

Old Fashioned

Re: How's Your Weather?

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:41 pm

I didn't watch the forecast videos, but from what I can see of the map that says in all of them we are supposed to be warmer & dryer than normal.....well I disagree.

Our summer wasn't too bad with only a few days over 90, and August was kinda sketchy. Not as hot, nor as dry as normal. Then came Labor Day Weekend and summer hasn't been back since. September is usually still warm & fairly dry but not this year. Dry-ish yes, though we've had a few rains, including a thunder & lightening storm or two.....but definitely not all that warm. By mid month I was already contemplating starting a fire, just to get the chill off in the house. I haven't yet because we don't have much wood, only about a cord & a half, most of which is small stuff like branches or lumber pieces that burn fast.

Local weather says our overnight temps are already down in the 40's, then tomorrow night & the next few nights will be in the mid 30's. They are usually off by a good 5 degrees so I'll bet we'll have a good freeze atleast one of those nights. And may have to break out the firewood & matches.

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:49 pm

The weather is on a roller coaster ride this week for my area. It only got to 61*F today, tomorrow is supposed to be 71*F, Monday is supposed to be 85*F and Tuesday 84*F then highs in the low 60’s the rest of the week. Oh and more rain just about everyday. We got over 3 1/2” yesterday and we’re supposed to get another 1”+ tonight and tomorrow.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:30 am

Went to my friend's wedding last night. It rained BUCKETS. Beautiful glass chapel in the woods at Powell Gardens. We got to watch a lightening show in back of the ceremony.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:19 am

Sounds cool, I bet the pictures will be spectacular if they caught any just right with lightening flashing in them.

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:42 pm

It's cold here again tonight & I finally broke down & started a fire. I'm tired of being cold.

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:42 am

It’s cool but so humid that I had to turn the A/C back on. It’s supposed to be in the mid 80’s Monday and Tuesday so the A/C will stay on until at least Wednesday.

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:50 pm

Return to “Yack Yack Yack”