Vacuum Sealing Systems - What Is Your Experience?

Farmfresh

Re: Vacuum Sealing Systems - What Is Your Experience?

Unread post by Farmfresh » Sat May 11, 2019 12:45 pm

Glad we are reviving this thread. I just bought the jar lid sucker attachment. I have yet to try it. I also want to source a brake bleeder for manual vacuum sealing to have ... just in case.

I saw a YouTube video a while back DD that was talking about some items being hard to vacuum seal. Often it is because either the item pokes a tiny hole in the bag during the process or some dust of some kind is sucked between the bag layers at the point of seal. The person... and if I remembered who I would sure credit them... suggested bagging the item in a standard plastic bag first. Then put the open end of that bag inside of the vacuum bag first, leaving the closed end of the first bag at the top of the vacuum bag. When you suck the air, air should come out of both bags, but it adds space to hold any loose dusty bits and an extra layer to stop the poke holes. |em21|

If you dehydrate potatoes again DD I wish you would try it and give us a report if it works.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Sat May 11, 2019 10:11 pm

I'm going to have to pull ours out and see if I can figure it out. Going to have to get some bags or rolls for it first. I like the looks of stuff that have been vacuum sealed better than in ziplocs.

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch » Sun May 12, 2019 11:51 am

Like I've said before, I buy my vac pac bags at garage sales. I also reuse them, if they still seal after washing.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Sun May 12, 2019 12:25 pm

I also want to try some of those heat shrink bags... for processing my chickens. Not exactly vacuum sealing but close.

https://www.coopsnmore.com/searchresult ... gs&Submit=
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Return to “Pantry and Storage”