Seattle is Dying

Farmfresh

Seattle is Dying

Unread post by Farmfresh » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:23 pm

What a mess we are in.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Old Fashioned

Re: Seattle is Dying

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:58 pm

I had seen the documentary video they put out a few days ago.....it's just sickening how the political leaders can't see the truth of the situation, insist on raising our taxes to pay for things that aren't going to help it.....but will make them look good (or so they think) because they are 'doing something'.....namely moving the camps around until people complain loud enough to get moved again. It's like a merry go round with the tent cities. And the problem isn't just Seattle, but has spilled out to neighboring communities & cities as well. And it's oh so true, it's a drug problem a lot more than a homeless problem.
If what was said is true, that Rhode Island(?) has created true solutions by allowing the police to enforce the laws and putting these people into rehab facility with continued care & support to get them clean and contributing members of society.....then I'd be all for that to happen here and why not use McNeil Island penitentiary?

I know the problems are wide spread throughout the country, but in many ways Seattle & Washington really take the cake for the example of how NOT to handle this type of crisis, and that's just what it is....a crisis.

ETA----actually I think it's the same video I had seen. Also, I'm roughly 40 miles south of Seattle and have seen many tent cities spring up around here right along the freeway, empty lots, wooded areas, etc...…..and the local planning commission (or whoever they are) are really pushing hard to make this area that I live in into a city larger than Tacoma.....and when they do, the problems will only get worse

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:30 am

How these same leaders keep getting voted into office is amazing to me. I guess it has to get "THAT BAD" before the population starts to wake up. The people of Seattle need to go to war and take their city back.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:35 am

The video is shock and sad at the same time. Chicago has lots of problems with homeless with drug and/or mental issues but I hope it doesn’t get to the point that Seattle has.

I can’t believe those city leaders have remained in office for as long as they have! I think that it may just be because no one runs against them because no one wants to try and go against those already in office to change the way the laws are enforced.

Return to “In The News - Another Reason to Scream!”