The "What's For Supper?" Thread

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
patriceinil

Re: The "What's For Supper?" Thread

Unread post by patriceinil »

I had grilled roast beef and cheese on gluten free bread with a sprinkling of garlic powder added to the butter before grilling the sandwich. I had some potato chips with my sandwich. A quick and easy dinner especially since I’m not feeling very good today.

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch »

I bought a used Traeger tailgater smoker a few years ago. I learned that to make fresh salmon on it, marinate the salmon in some cheap Italian Dressing for a few hours. Then smoke away.

I found some salmon (yes, color added) on clearance last week. I marinated them, and was going to smoke them, but the back where my Weber and Traeger is, faces West and it was 95 out there. So I slowly fried them instead. I've been snacking on them for three days.
Found water and ------better weather, yeah, maybe not.....

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh »

Yum. That sounds so good! We marinate chicken in the Italian dressing and then bake them. That turns out yummy as well.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

patriceinil

FF try slicing some potatoes and onions then pour the Italian dressing over the combo, cover and roast them until tender then uncover to crisp them while you bake the chicken it’s super yummy! I’ve even done the potato in a foil pan on the grill like that.

RR I’ll have to try that with some salmon I have in the freezer. I prefer my salmon smoked instead of grilled or baked.

Farmfresh

Sounds good Patrice!
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

Patience

Unread post by Patience »

So many good things to try here! We had sautéed cod with zucchini in tomato sauce - and a big salad of course.

patriceinil

I made gluten free pepperoni pizza bread.

Farmfresh

No fancy pictures here. I am sorely lacking on freezer space, so I put the 6 backs, necks, all the feet and wing tips into the crockpot. I let them cook there ... low and slow... with water, garlic and some onions. That took all last night and all today.

Tonight, I separated bone from meaty bits. (although some of the bones now ARE meaty bits since they are so softened they crumble when you touch them) I am cooked up some Zatarain's Dirty Rice in the broth, added in some fresh chopped tomatoes and plenty of that chicken. Yummm.

patriceinil

Sounds good and it definitely beats my dinner of tater tots and a bowl of crispy rice cereal. :lol:

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned »

Patrice.....have you tried cheese on those tater tots, then a drizzle of taco sauce???? |em24|

Last weekend I pulled out a rack of pork ribs from the freezer with the intent of smoking them. Looked around and realized we had gotten rid of the smokers & BBQ's and I wasn't about to start the oven. So I started a small fire in the firepit, then started adding some hickory chips and put the ribs with a sprinkling of seasoned salt on a grate about 18 inches above it all and turned my broiler pan over the ribs to trap the heat & smoke. It took several hours of near constant attention adding more chips & turning the ribs....but in the end was well worth the effort. |em24|

Tonight was homemade Carne Asada, rice, beans with pico de gallo & guacamole.