Poultry Show - Post Your Pictures Here.

Farmfresh

Poultry Show - Post Your Pictures Here.

Unread post by Farmfresh » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:06 pm

The other day I was talking to OF about her new rooster Pretty Boy on her journal and mentioned that I needed to get a picture of my new rooster (barnyard hatch 2018 - Becky/ Black Maran x Buff Cornish hen). Then I mentioned to my daughter D2 that I needed to take a picture of him. Guess what? She already HAD one! It is probably better than anything I would have taken. So... I wanted to post it.

Then I thought ... why not have a thread just for fun poultry pictures! After all our chickens are Beautiful! Lets enjoy them together.

So... here he is ... Ambrose.

Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

patriceinil

Re: Poultry Show - Post Your Pictures Here.

Unread post by patriceinil » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:07 pm

He’s a nice looking bird FF. Good idea on the thread too.

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:44 pm

OK, OK.....I get the hint...….so here's Pretty Boy. Since this was the first pic I've managed since my phone wasn't working, it's not the greatest, but here ya go. He's a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte (I think?) I'll have to get more pics & post them later, when I think of it

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:55 am

So I figured that the chicks are now over 2 months old and they & Mama were getting crowded in the prefab, I wanted to move them all to the big coop with the rest. And since I'm losing the battle with rats getting into the coop, even after putting hardware cloth all around the outside down a foot and out nearly 2 ft they still get in there and I've about give up. Anyway I wanted to get the nest box(es) off the ground & further out of their reach #2 & I put in a shelf of sorts. I had also wanted to put their feed & water on the shelf, but then it would make it too crowded when a layer wanted privacy. Anyway, here's some pics of the coop & birds, the shelf and Mama & chicks.

well I didn't do this one right, but whatever...…

then the rest of the inside of the coop where the shelf attaches to the roost

dizzy

Unread post by dizzy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:41 pm

You have some nice looking birds.

I have a big problem w/rats as well. As much as I hate to poison them, I don't have a choice. I put the poison down the hole, then fill in the hole w/powered cement. It hardens and fills in the hole. I've already designed my poultry area for when I move.

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:56 pm

Good idea on the poison and I may have to do the same. I just have to figure where to put it that the dogs & chickens won't get to it.

savingdogs

Unread post by savingdogs » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:16 pm

I do not have ANY chickens yet, but I have some planned! I used to know some of you, I am known as Savingdogs. |em20| Anyone remember me?

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:27 am

Of course we do. Filk-singer extraordinaire!

You are all approved on the site now. Just saddle on up and get yourself a new journal started so you can catch us up.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

savingdogs

Unread post by savingdogs » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:12 pm

Well I have been without a flock for awhile....I was busy getting divorced. I have just the two dogs these days, and a pondful of goldfish, but I am in Northern Nevada these days, not Washington, although I go back to WA all the time if I can.

I have been getting geared up for getting a small coup and a few chickens again. I have been thinking three. I am an "empty nester" now and only need enough eggs for myself and my boyfriend. I have contemplated getting a GOOSE however to guard the flock. I could get a roo here but do not need one. If I ended up with one by accident the world would not end. I do not want anything to eat my goldfish is why I am not thinking ducks.

So how the heck is everyone?

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:51 pm

A picture that D2 took the other day of my young Dominique rooster.

Return to “Poultry”