New Mountaineer

Farmfresh

Re: New Mountaineer

Unread post by Farmfresh » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:29 pm

I am frankly excited to see all of these new faces. More brains to pick and more secrets of homesteading to learn! Ever a student... ready for all you noobies to share and teach.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

WhiteWolf

Unread post by WhiteWolf » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:11 pm

Hmmm. Well, I know SOME things, but pretty sure I'm willing to opine and pontificate on about anything... (it's better than talking to myself or the cat ya know?)

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:51 pm

We all know more than we think we do. So very often something or some bit of knowledge that I just figured everyone knows, ends up being that little gem of knowledge that the other person lacks AND just what they need to know to be more successful in their part of the world.

I just love having like minded friends and sharing what we do - as well as what we know.

|em6|
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Icu4dzs

Unread post by Icu4dzs » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:49 pm

What’s new up on your mountain?
Hol Hut started yet?
You're believing it is not required for it to be true. TMM
Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni
Trim sends
//BT//

WhiteWolf

Unread post by WhiteWolf » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:41 am

Nope; she needs to touch base with the contractor and see how soon they can start. All but one of the culverts is in; Rick will borrow a friend's dump truck to spread shale and then we're ready to support the trucks that do site work. I think he's going on vacation for 2 weeks, the end of the month. There are decisions to make re: power source for the Hut.

She gets an ultrasound today, to try to narrow down just how pregnant she is and estimated due date. Steve is here, when he's not at his job or working on his homestead.

Another of my "big brothers" came last weekend and corrected the mechanical issues with both my jeeps (in record time, too). We traded a couple things each of us has been wanting awhile too. Absolutely great to see him.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:55 am

I would love to see before, during and after pictures of any and all building or remodel work. Most of us here use the Imgur photo ap and we all love lots of pictures.

How is your daughter feeling at this point in the game. Any morning sickness?

Icu4dzs

Unread post by Icu4dzs » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:16 am

Glad to hear things are progressing in satisfactory manner. It is always more difficult when you are out of the influence of the "maddening crowds."
Here's wishing your new grandchild is healthy and happy. Congratulations Grandma!
Cheers,
Trim sends
You're believing it is not required for it to be true. TMM
Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni
Trim sends
//BT//

MichaelDus

New Mountaineer

Unread post by MichaelDus » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:55 am

Hi all new to the forum. Looking for any information you all might have about custom calf raising. Do you do anything special with them before you send them out. There is one in my area any advice can anyone point me in the direction of a current thread?

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:38 pm

What do you mean by the term "custom calf raising"?

I am not familiar with the term. Do you mean raising calves for other people or raising calves for sale as meat?

Return to “Pull Up A Chair and Introduce Yourself”