Well OK then...

WhiteWolf

Well OK then...

Unread post by WhiteWolf » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:18 pm

Looks like this section was just waiting for me.

I started learning embroidery at 6. By 12, I was sewing and started making traditional hooked rugs (burlap backing, cut strips of wool). I can crochet & knit a LITTLE, but nothing to write home about. And I've spent many an hour working petit point and needlepoint.

I have a lot of interest in handsewing garments too; especially getting into historic clothing. Some other ladies I know are part of the ren fair and re-enactment groups, and we started discussing clothing for post- any life as we know it changing event. What made sense to make, produces fast, is durable and practical, etc. That led us to thinking about 18th century clothing styles - and old Norse clothing.

Even tho my family has saved buttons, zippers, and other fasteners for years... the fact is eventually one will have to go without and find workarounds. That's one reason for looking back in time, for ideas.

Farmfresh

Re: Well OK then...

Unread post by Farmfresh » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:27 pm

I love it that someone has finally started a thread here.

I sew some, quilt some and embroidery. I also knit a little, but struggle with crochet. Others here are good at it.

As for historic clothes... I have made some. Some for Ren-Faire as well as costumes for horse/people costume classes when we were still showing. D1 is married to a farrier that I call the Blacksmith. He and his brother and D1 (who is new to it) like to do Civil War re-enactment. D1 has made some outfits for that.

Here is a pic of one of my Ren-Faire outfits and another one of a different costume one along with my old service dog Sage I also made the cape my friend is wearing.

This is my D1 and the Blacksmith with some toggs that she made for the occasion.

Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

WhiteWolf

Unread post by WhiteWolf » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:29 am

If I can sort out the pattern, I'm taking on a small leather project that will include hand beading. I've sketched out one option, but I'm not sure I like it yet.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:36 am

I am anxious to see your design work. I love a new project... probably why I have so many sitting around here. LOL.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:57 am

I have many many UFO's. Unfinished objects.

WhiteWolf

Unread post by WhiteWolf » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:41 pm

I might just punt and save the project for later. What I really want to create right now, is actually BETTER not terribly fancy.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:12 pm

I like to try and keep really detailed stuff for the winter time when I have more indoor time to kill.

What ever you decide to make, please be sure to share it.

Return to “Needle Art”