Howdy from south central Va

Biggkidd

Howdy from south central Va

Unread post by Biggkidd » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:22 pm

Some of you already know me more do not. But I've been trying to build a little homestead 36ac out of timberland since 08. Been off grid the entire time as well. Long time Single dad with one teenage daughter still living at home and a grandbaby on the way from my other daughter. I am also somewhat disabled due to MS and a few other issues. I go and do as much as I am able. Some days are like old times when I worked day and night 24/7/365 Most often though I'm lucky if I can hang a few hours a few days a week.

In the last year or so we've added some livestock and gotten serious about growing food. My health is much more stable when eating good food and not the crap on grocery store shelves

Farmfresh

Re: Howdy from south central Va

Unread post by Farmfresh » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:48 pm

Glad to see you decided to come on over and visit.

Take a look around and make yourself at home. Most of the people on this forum have Journals which are a good place to really get to know each other as well as give you a home page to record your work, your struggles and your successes.

As you can see we also have a number of good categories and threads where we can share and store information on specific subjects. We try to run a pretty tight ship here and stay organized when possible, so that we can find information when we need it. It drives me crazy to try a recipe that someone has shared on a forum and then go back later to try and find it and discover that it is lost in a weather report thread or the middle of somebodies journal. If we post it as a subject in the recipe thread too ... then we can find it again. Other info likewise.

If you have any questions or problems please ask in the Ironing Board section and someone will jump right in and help.

Welcome to the forum.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:58 pm

Hey Larry, glad you made it over here!

Biggkidd

Unread post by Biggkidd » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:12 pm

Thanks FF

Looks like some good info and people. Thankfully I see several old and much missed friends! I should have come over sooner. I'm just not so fond of meeting new people as you know. lol

Biggkidd

Unread post by Biggkidd » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:12 pm

Thanks Patrice

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:59 pm

It is true... some of us bite.

|em15| |em13|

|em26|
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:38 am

Stop that before you scare BK away FF! |em13| |em12|

Dirtdevil

Unread post by Dirtdevil » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:09 am

I had some trouble with this site until I learned that you can just click on the quick links at the left hand top of the page and click new posts without having to look though the whole list of threads. I'm a techno-idiot.

By the way, Sac is Whitewolf over here.

Biggkidd

Unread post by Biggkidd » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:03 am

Thanks DD!

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:15 pm

Hello from Southern Oregon. I'm now living on a golf course, with a tiny piece of dirt, but my friends here are my life. So....welcome!

Return to “Pull Up A Chair and Introduce Yourself”