SPAM

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
Old Fashioned

SPAM

Unread post by Old Fashioned »

I haven't eaten any in many years. I just don't think about it, though I do have a few cans tucked away. Anyway, I seen this video about a homemade version just in case anyone would like to try it.

Farmfresh

Re: SPAM

Unread post by Farmfresh »

This is how they make the REAL Spam. Not much different at all.

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

Farmfresh

I am putting this here too... just because of the memories.

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil »

I haven’t had any of those since I was a kid, honestly I never cared for any of them.

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned »

I didn't watch the video of the deviled meats, cause I kinda figured out my own. I just finely chop leftover chicken or beef (could do other meats too) and add mayo, salt & pepper. Tastes just about the same. But with the beef I also add a bit of horseradish to it to give some zing. YUM |em24|

Oh, something Ma used to do that I LOVED was to grind up leftover ham, add onions & sweet pickles to the grind, then add mayo for a spread. I finally tried it with the last ham we had and was just like I remembered. Even the boys loved it and took some in sandwiches for work lunches. |em24|

Farmfresh

I love both of them AND vienna sausages as well. I keep canned meats and sardines in the pantry always.

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch »

You all, who watched the Hormel (not Hor MEL') but hor' mellllls) meat processing, but decades ago. No masks, hairnets or chain mail gloves. And its must more automated now. That 65' tower is still there, in Austin MN. I hated that he said "girls are doing...." and you didn't see any women in R&D and barely in QA. Not true anymore!

Brought back lots of memories for me. Thanks.
Found water and ------better weather, yeah, maybe not.....

Rhodie Ranch

That spam looks good. Too bad I didn't pick up a clearance ham and water product after easter. I could easily make that spam!

Rhodie Ranch

Speaking of making things, maybe G would share her pork links recipe! I saw some hunk of pork at Costco for $1.99 a lb which is cheap! and I have natural casings too!

HybridHomesteader

Unread post by HybridHomesteader »

Rhodie Ranch wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:03 pm Speaking of making things, maybe G would share her pork links recipe! I saw some hunk of pork at Costco for $1.99 a lb which is cheap! and I have natural casings too!
For ground pork I have found I like to keep it plain. That way I can season it when I use it. And believe it or not it tastes good as breakfast sausage. Just porky. But I do grind it at least twice. I think last time I did it 3 times. For the breakfast sausage I think it was 1870’s homestead recipe. I’ll go look for the link.

There ya go.

I’m supposed to be cutting and freezing mine this morning.

G
Gina, Hybrid Homesteader, It'sMeG, TanksHill.... Mom, Wife, trouble maker extraordinaire.