Awesome Gluten Free Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
patriceinil

Awesome Gluten Free Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza

Unread post by patriceinil »

I’ve been following this gal’s channel for a while, she bakes awesome gluten free stuff! I found this pizza recipe that I’m dying to try making when I feel a bit better. It’s near and dear to my heart being from the Chicago area and having enjoyed this style of pizza for many years.

Farmfresh

Re: Awesome Gluten Free Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza

Unread post by Farmfresh »

I have never had a Chicago style of pizza. Interesting video.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

patriceinil

I love Chicago style deep dish pizza, the sauce is on the top and you have a thick crust that goes about 3”-4” high up the side. The cheese goes in first then toppings (meat, vegetables etc) then more cheese and sauce on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake until done. You have got to let it cool at least 20 minutes before cutting it or you’ll lose all the filling.

This is serious knife and fork pizza! |em24|

Farmfresh

I honestly don't know if it would beat a Minsky's. Even a Gluten Free Minskys. Ask Gina. She ate one with me.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

patriceinil

I’m a die hard Chicago deep dish pizza lover! Then it’s super thin crispy crust followed by regular to thick style crust.

Farmfresh

I don't know if they can beat this.

My favorite Jumbo Combo

patriceinil

I think if you tried making the pizza in the video you’ll be surprised! That one looks good and the crust is what I consider thick. A slice of deep dish has a bottom crust about as thick as that but double or triple the side height of that piece. Then it’s packed full of a layer of cheese so the dough doesn’t get soggy, pile in the yummy toppings, more cheese and finally sauce on top with a sprinkling of Parmesan and you have a masterpiece.

The crust is crispy on the outside from having olive oil in the pan, personally she didn’t add enough oil in the pan. You need 2-3 tablespoons of oil to give you that almost fried texture. It’s crispy yet soft (has a bread like soft and spongy texture) to the crust. The sides are crispy and soft at the same time but not as thick as the bottom crust. The top edge of the crust gets crunchy like a good pizza crust should.

I’m drooling as I’m typing this. |em12| I used to get a pizza like this at one place near our house in Chicago but they had a bit of cornmeal in the dough and it gave such a unique flavor and texture to the pizza, it was fabulous. |em24| Now I want pizza! Sadly it’s 4:45 in the morning and I don’t have any pizzas in the freezer. |em11|

Farmfresh

THE pizza in our area is from a place called Fun House. They have a sour dough crust and wood fire the pizzas in a brick oven. The toppings are in gluttonous layers. THAT pizza is amazing. Unfortunately they do not have a gluten free variety.

patriceinil

That looks delicious!

Farmfresh

LOL... It is making me pizza hungry too.