What do you do with zucchini????

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
Old Fashioned

Re: What do you do with zucchini????

Unread post by Old Fashioned »

I've tried making breads and cakes that are really good, but haven't made them in years cause 'ewwww what's that green stuff? I ain't eating that' :roll:

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil »

That green stuff hides well in chocolate stuff! Just sayin’ |em28|

I managed to pass off the chocolate zucchini bread as brownies to ALL of the church homeschool kids. The mothers all wanted the recipe after that. I told my son NOT to say anything about the “brownies” that I brought to the meeting and just let the kids eat them. He didn’t say anything and all the kids inhaled them. My son loves the chocolate zucchini bread but if your guys would pick at the dark green specks just peel the outside off and grate the light flesh, it will take on the color from the cocoa powder.

Old Fashioned

Now this is something I never would have thought of...........using the leaves and stalks of the plant.

patriceinil

Thanks OF, that looks good and uses the parts of the plant we normally discard.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh »

Cool!
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh »

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

patriceinil

That’s one way I haven’t tried for my excess zucchini! |em26| |em26| Using them to build with. |em12|

Old Fashioned

No building here either |em12|

But we have enjoyed the stuffed boats I've tried. And I still have one left that should be used up right away, Probably tonight with chicken alfredo sauce.

Others I made were...

1. Italian sauce with ravioli.....basically spaghetti sauce with some ravioli poked in, no pasta
2. Cheesesteak-----strips of steak with peppers, onions and cheese (same as with a sandwich but using the zucchini instead of bread.
3. Meatloaf.....this was the best so far, just made a meatloaf and filled the center of the zucchini, then a big squirt of ketchup over the top. (that's how I make meatloaf, with ketchup)

patriceinil

Those sound like good ways to use the zucchini OF

Old Fashioned

And tonight I finally made the chicken alfredo boat, wtih chicken, mushrooms and alfredo sauce, using up the last of the baseball bats. They were all very good. Maybe next year, if I grow them again and get more of the mega sized, I'll have to try other fillings.

I also have some that were sliced, and a bunch shredded in the freezer for recipes later. Plus some shredded and a few sliced dehydrated.