home made chocolate

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
House Sparrow

home made chocolate

Unread post by House Sparrow »

This looks like the chocolate recipe my mother used. You can buy molds for it, or put it in ice cube trays or tiny cupcake tins lined with paper. http://thecoconutmama.com/2012/12/cocon ... late-bars/

It is a very forgiving recipe. You can get quite creative too and pour the chocolate over toasted shredded coconut, toasted nuts of any kind, raisins, make your own verions of peanut butter cups....

|em24|
I decided to copy and paste. Makes it easier to find it again.
I avoid most commercial candy bars due to artificial flavors or soy lecithin in the ingredients. I found that if I mix cocoa powder with coconut oil, vanilla, salt & sugar I can produce a chocolate bar that is both tasty and healthy!
Coconut Oil Chocolate Bars
Ingredients

2/3 cup cocoa powder
2/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon honey, maple syrup or simple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt

Directions

1. Heat coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat.

2. Once it melts add the remaining ingredients.

3. Stir and pour mix over a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.

4. Place cookie sheet in refrigerator for 2-4 hours, or until it is set.

5. Once the chocolate hardens, break it up into pieces.

6. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Here is a second one:

Ingredients

1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
4 tbsp unrefined coconut oil, melted
NuNaturals vanilla stevia drops to taste (If you'd prefer to use a liquid sweetener, such as agave or pure maple syrup, use this ratio instead: 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup coconut oil, 3 tbsp of your liquid sweetener.)
optional extracts, cocoa nibs, or other add-ins
optional 1 extra tbsp oil or water, if it needs to be thinner

Instructions

Homemade Chocolate Bars: Combine coconut oil with the liquid sweetener or stevia drops. (For the stevia version, I recommend NuNaturals because I find other brands to have an aftertaste.) Stir, then add the cacao powder. Stir stir stir! Stir until it gets thick. Pour into any flat container (or candy molds or smush between layers of wax paper or in ziploc bags). Freeze until solid, and store in the freezer. Once hardened, you can also opt to melt the bars again for chocolate sauce. Or chop them up for healthy 100% sugar-free chocolate chips! If you use the stevia option, these bars are sugar-free.

dizzy

Re: home made chocolate

Unread post by dizzy »

I'll have to try this. We have coconut sugar, so maybe I'll try making it w/that.

calendula

Unread post by calendula »

I made these today using the first recipe, and they turned out great. Thank you for taking the time to find the recipes for us, my family really enjoyed them. |em8|

House Sparrow

Unread post by House Sparrow »

I need to make some more of this. I have had a sweets craving and broke down and Halloween candy. And then regretted it.