Fencing the Pasture - All Kinds All Ideas.

Farmfresh

Fencing the Pasture - All Kinds All Ideas.

Unread post by Farmfresh » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:10 pm

We need a thread about building fences. If you have pasture and animals you need a fence. Jump in. |em8|

What kind of fences do YOU have? |em22|

What are you keeping in or out with your fences? |em20|

Why do you have what you have? Likes? |em23| Dislikes? |em17|

What would be YOUR ideal fence and why? |em24|

|em4|

I will start the thread off with a video about a cheap to build electric high tensile perimeter fence.

Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

patriceinil

Re: Fencing the Pasture - All Kinds All Ideas.

Unread post by patriceinil » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:40 am

I have both a 4’ chain link fence and a 6’ welded wire fence inside the chain link to keep Percy in the yard.

In addition I have 4’ welded wire fencing separating the garden from the backyard. I also have a 4’ welded wire fence separating part of the backyard to contain Percy for the winter. I actually like how well the fence separating the backyard is working that I will probably leave it up permanently.

I used U posts to put up the welded wire fence, the chain link was already here when we bought the house. I need to replace some of the posts and top rail of the chain link fence. We’ve already pounded in several new posts along side the ones that rotted off at ground level.

I also need to replace my gates for the chain link soon, they are rotting away. My neighbor helped me repair them already so the next step will be replacing them.

The only drawback to the welded wire fence is that the rabbits can squeeze through the holes. To save my garden I will have to add chicken wire to the bottom of the welded wire fence.

Return to “Forage and Pastures”