Camarones del I don't know

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
Old Fashioned

Camarones del I don't know

Unread post by Old Fashioned »

|em26| Sorry about the thread name, but it is what it is.

There was a Mexican restaurant down the road from us years ago that had Camerones del Mar on the menu and I would order it frequently. I loved it. Then they closed their doors and I began the search for a homemade version and kept coming up empty handed and the reason for the thread name since it isn't a common recipe. So I finally came up with my own version......

Camarones del No Se'

1lb peeled & deveined shrimp (30-40 count size)
1/4 C chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
2T olive oil
1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
2 stalks celery, thick sliced (think bite size-1/4 inch)
4 C. red enchilada sauce (or similar smooth red sauce)
1 C sour cream

Cooked long grain rice
Monterey Jack cheese

In a large skillet heat oil and cook onion & garlic till soft. Stir in mushrooms & cook a few minutes, then add carrots & celery and cook a few more minutes. Then pour in the sauce, bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer till vegetables are tender. Add in shrimp and cook till pink. Add in sour cream at the last minute and stir into sauce till creamy.

To serve.....make a bed of rice on your plate, top with Jack cheese, then pour on the shrimp & vegetables & sauce. |em24|

Note***this recipe seems easily forgiving to add or subtract different ingredients as you please. Maybe try different veggies, or meat and can be spiced as hot as you like.......just remember that sour cream will cut down the heat scale. (just add more heat & less sour cream, but it does need some to make it creamy)

Also, this could be a mild knock off version of Camarones a la Diablo, but again No Se' :lol:

Farmfresh

Re: Camarones del I don't know

Unread post by Farmfresh »

Sounds good! I love "slop-over-rice" dishes in the winter time... no matter what language they are. :lol:
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil »

Sounds interesting

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned »

Ooops, I was wrong on the thread name......sorry about that |em14|

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh »

Not a problem! |em15|
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!