Recipe Videos - Interesting Subject Matter or Techniques

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
Farmfresh

Recipe Videos - Interesting Subject Matter or Techniques

Unread post by Farmfresh »

Sometimes I come across a really good informative cooking video that I would like to find again and be able share, so I thought this might be a good idea for a new thread. I know you all find them too, so let's share the best of them here.

I am starting this new thread off with a video from P. Allen Smith. It has great information about the differences between cooking a HERITAGE breed chicken VS. the standard commercial chickens. The technique IS different. Good information.

This video also has a heritage tomato festival and tasting as well as a couple of good tomato recipes... even a tomato cake!

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

patriceinil

Re: Recipe Videos - Interesting Subject Matter or Techniques

Unread post by patriceinil »

Good idea FF, sometimes the technique of cooking something makes a big difference in the final product.

Farmfresh

How about HOMEMADE Pasta shells! Makes me wish I was not gluten free.

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

patriceinil

Here’s one for gluten free fresh pasta

https://glutenfreegirl.com/2011/07/glut ... esh-pasta/

Farmfresh

Oh... thanks for that. Maybe someday when I am full of extra energy I can give this a try.

patriceinil

I have it bookmarked for when I get the energy to try it. I’m thinking homemade fettuccine Alfredo. |em24|

I even have a brand new Atlas pasta machine that I bought quite a few years ago when an Italian deli into was going out of business. Hopefully I can try it out with her pasta recipe.

Farmfresh

patriceinil

Thanks those are great tips!