Gluten Free Cheeseburger Macaroni

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
patriceinil

Gluten Free Cheeseburger Macaroni

Unread post by patriceinil »

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
12 oz box Barilla Gluten Free Elbow pasta
4 oz cream cheese
8 oz Shredded Triple Cheddar Blend cheese
4 oz Shredded Cheddar cheese
1 to 1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1-2 teaspoons all purpose seasoning blend (I use Lawry’s Brand)

Season ground beef with all purpose seasoning blend and cook in a medium sized skillet, breaking into fine crumbles as it cooks. Cook until no longer pink but completely cooked throughout (not dark or crusty). Remove from heat and set aside.

In a large pot, with plenty of water and salt, cook the pasta until just cooked (al dente). Drain the pasta (DO NOT RINSE) and return it to the pot. Over a low temperature, add the cream cheese and stir until it melts and coats the pasta, add the shredded cheeses and continue stirring until melted. Add the dry mustard and paprika along with about 1 cup of milk. Stir until combined and a creamy consistency, if too dry add more milk until you get the consistency you desire. Stir in the reserved ground beef until combined. Serve with a sprinkling of shredded cheese and a side of your favorite vegetables.

Farmfresh

Re: Gluten Free Cheeseburger Macaroni

Unread post by Farmfresh »

I make something very similar, but I typically add a can of Rotel hot tomatoes or at least a can of diced tomatoes. It is good stuff.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

patriceinil

Re: Gluten Free Cheeseburger Macaroni

Unread post by patriceinil »

I bet the tomatoes add a zing to it