Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
dizzy

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

Unread post by dizzy »

I got this recipe out of a book. It sounded good, so I decided to try it. Big mistake 😂. I think I could sit down and eat the whole thing-and gain several pounds in the process. I did tweak the recipe a bit.

In mixing bowl, beat 1 8 ounce package of softened cream cheese with 1stick of softened butter and 1/4 tsp of vanilla until well blended. Gradually add 2 TBS of brown sugar and 3/4 cups of powdered sugar until combined. Stir in most of a package of chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Place on piece of plastic wrap and roll into a ball. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Roll in 3/4 cups finally chopped nuts before serving. Serve with crackers of your choice.

I'm not rolling it in nuts. And I added mini marshmallows to the mix. I'm not going to roll it into a ball since I'm the only one that's going to be eating it. And I'll be eating it with graham crackers.

patriceinil

Re: Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

Unread post by patriceinil »

Try adding peanut butter to the cream cheese instead of the butter, then add mini chocolate chips and powdered sugar to taste. Think Reese’s peanut butter cups in a cheesecake form. You can use graham crackers to eat it with.

dizzy

Unread post by dizzy »

I might try that and roll it in peanuts.

patriceinil

It’s delicious

patriceinil

Here’s the recipe I created quite a few years ago if you want to try it.

patriceinil

If you leave out the Cool Whip it will be more firm like a cheese ball instead of a dip consistency