Fudge Recipes

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
Farmfresh

Fudge Recipes

Unread post by Farmfresh »

I thought we had a thread for this, but couldn't find it. Here it is now. A place to post all your favorite fudge recipes!

2EZ Fudge
Servings: 16
"I double the recipe and put in a glass baking dish (9x13 inches). Nice for holidays . . . Keep it for a secret and family and friends will think you worked forever on it . . . (smiles). You can also use peanut butter chips and make peanut butter fudge."
• 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
• 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

-----
Place chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter or margarine in large microwaveable bowl. Zap in microwave on medium until chips are melted, about 3-5 minute, stirring once or twice during cooking. Stir in nuts, if desired.
Pour into well-greased 8x8-inch glass baking dish. Refrigerate until set.

OR eliminate the butter and it is still very yummy.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

patriceinil

Re: Fudge Recipes

Unread post by patriceinil »

Fannie Mae Fudge

4 cups sugar 1 cup butter 1 cup milk 12 ounces milk chocolate chips 1 tsp vanilla 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips 25 large marshmallows 2 ounces choco bake (melted unsweetened chocolate)

Bring sugar, butter, milk and vanilla to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes at a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add marshmallows. Stir until melted. Add all of the chocolates. Stir until melted. Pour into a buttered 9x13 pan. Cool and cut into squares. Freezes well wrapped in plastic and stored in freezer ziplock bags. Bring back to room temperature before cutting into pieces. You can add chopped nuts and fruits for flavor variations.

To make homemade Trinidad clones you'll need 1 bag each of yellow and white candy melts, a bag of shredded coconut and a batch of Fannie Mae Fudge. To get a thinner piece of fudge pour it into a buttered foil lined large rimmed baking sheet pan instead of a 9x13 pan.

Start cutting the fudge into bite size pieces and place them on a wax paper lined sheet pan. Place them into the freezer to chill while you proceed with the the rest of the recipe. Spread the coconut on a sheet pan and toast in a 350* F oven until lightly browned, stir frequently to prevent over browning. Melt both bags of candy melts in a large heat proof bowl over a pot of barely simmering hot water, stirring until completely melted. Stir in the toasted coconut. Let the candy melts cool slightly. Dip the fudge pieces into the candy/coconut mixture using 2 forks and place them on the wax paper lined pan to harden. You may freeze the candies to quicken the hardening process.

To make homemade Fannie Mae Mint Melt-Away clones you'll need 2 bags of light green candy melts(or color of your choice), peppermint candy flavoring and a batch of Fannie Mae Fudge. Cut & freeze the fudge like the directions state in the Trinidad recipe. Melt the candy melts in a large heat proof bowl over a pot of barely simmering water, stirring until completely melted. Add in a few drops of the candy flavoring(until it is as minty as you like) and stir to blend well. Let cool slightly. Using 2 forks dip the fudge pieces in the candy melts and place on the wax paper lined sheet pan until they harden. You may place the pan into the freezer to quicken the hardening process.

You can cut the fudge with tiny cookie cutter for fancy shapes, but this process can be very tedious. Small squares are much easier to work with.

To package the candies, place a candy piece into a paper candy cup or mini muffin liner, then place on a tray or into a box lined with parchment/waxed paper or foil.

patriceinil

For variations of the regular fudge I add chopped nuts and raisins/dried cranberries or extracts like peppermint or spearmint. Another good add-in is broken pretzels pieces and chopped caramels.

Farmfresh

From Grandma Nettie's Collection

Quick Cooked Cocoa Fudge or Frosting

½ cup butter
4 Tablespoons cocoa
6 Tablespoons milk
1 box powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
------------------------
Heat butter, milk and cocoa stirring constantly over low heat until mixture comes to a boil.

Remove from heat and add powdered sugar.

Beat until very smooth while still hot.

Stir in vanilla as it cools and stir until well combined.

Pour into buttered dish and allow to cool. Slice into a very tender fudge. (Can be topped with nuts or even shredded coconut)

OR

Pour over the top of a still warm from the oven Chocolate CAKE (or brownies) - leaving the cake in the baking pan. Amazing.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

Farmfresh

Divine Divinity Fudge

* 2 1/2 c sugar
* 3/4 c Karo light corn syrup
* 1/4 c water
* 2 egg whites
* 1/2 t peppermint extract or 1 t vanilla extract

-------------------------------
In heavy bottom pan heat corn syrup, sugar and water to a boil. Boil to "thread stage" which is 225 to 230 on candy thermometer. Use a silicone pastry brush and water to wipe pan sides and prevent sugar crystals from forming.

In separate bowl, beat egg whites to STIFF peaks. While whisking on high speed - SLOWLY add the hot syrup to the egg white mixture. Pour the mixture back into your pan and reheat to between 230 and 240 "soft ball stage".

Beat again with whisk until stiff peaks form adding extract as you beat.

Pour into a buttered 9 x 13 and cool then cut. Store covered if you want it to stay chewy.

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch »

oh oh oh!!! I'm in fudge heaven!

I have not thought of divinity in years. Daddy loved it and each time we would cross the US for a military move, we had to stop at Stuckeys to get a box. (Stickeys? Stuckneys? Stickneys?) They were all along the freeways back in the 60's and 70's.
Found water and ------better weather, yeah, maybe not.....

Farmfresh

Stuckey's! We still have a few in Missouri.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x ... kRTM&hl=en

Farmfresh

Kid and I made the basic Fannie Mae Fudge today. We used marshmallow cereal bits that Geek bought. (the Lucky Charms without the cereal) Turned out great!

patriceinil

Sounds yummy! I really wish I was up to baking and making candy this year. I think that’s why it doesn’t FEEL like Christmas to me this year, because I didn’t get any goodies made.

Farmfresh