Holiday Sweet Treats

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
patriceinil

Re: Holiday Sweet Treats

Unread post by patriceinil »

Those sound yummy!

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned »

Oh, I like that idea |em24|

patriceinil

Time to resurrect this thread again!

This year I’m planning to make fudge, peppermint patties, caramel, flourless peanut butter tarts, gf kolackes and gf rosettes. Also the peanut butter, gf pretzel & crispy rice drops dipped in chocolate that I created a couple weeks ago.

Old Fashioned

I was thinking about this thread too, though I'll probably just stick to the chocolate peanut butter bars (fake Reese's) and peppermint patties. I don't know, I might try a batch of fudge though I'm never as successful as my mother was with it. I also have some shredded coconut for Mounds bars that needs used up :grin:

And even though it's not sweet, I already made a huge batch of our version of Chex mix yesterday and it's half gone already

patriceinil

So far I’ve made 4 batches of fudge (3 plain, 1 minty) a batch of mounds clones and a batch of almond joy clones. Today will be crispy peanut butter balls and English toffee.

I might make a sample batch of gluten free rosettes today to see how they taste. It’s a new recipe that I haven’t tried before.

Next week I’ll be making gluten free kolackes and flourless peanut butter tarts along with the rosettes provided they taste good.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh »

Our candy ingredients are on the way in today's grocery delivery from Walmart. (I hope they can get up my snowy driveway) Kid and I will be doing the cooking next Monday since he is off school on that day. I have plans for chocolate GF pretzels, chocolate covered cherries, cherry mice and fudge. Kid will be giving candy for his Christmas gifts this year.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

patriceinil

Sounds yummy, those mice are adorable!

Old Fashioned

Managed to do the chocolate peanut butter bars, peppermint patties, chocolate covered cherries and with the little bit of chocolate leftover, I threw in some dried cranberries......they're not exactly covered, but close enough. :grin:

Tried to do a batch of Mounds bars, but my sweetened condensed milk was brown. Still seemed to taste ok, but ended up dumping it.

Also baked some Peanut Butter/Oatmeal/Chocolate Chip cookies from dough that was in the freezer from an earlier batch. AND made some Chocolate Butterscotch Chip cookies |em24|

Farmfresh

Homemade Jelly Candies

(called Applesauce Candy in Dining on A Dime)

1 cup applesauce*
1 cup sugar
1 sm. pkg. fruit gelatin (3 oz.)
extra sugar for coating

Combine applesauce and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes. Dissolve the gelatin in the applesauce mixture. Pour into an 8×8 inch pan. After 24 hours, cut into 1 inch squares and roll in sugar. Roll in the sugar a second time 24 hours later. Makes 64 pieces.

*Puree fruit cocktail, peaches or pears instead of applesauce
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

Farmfresh

Cinnamon-Roasted Almonds
• 1 egg white
• 1 teaspoon cold water
• 4 cups whole almonds or other nuts
• 1/2 cup raw sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Lightly grease a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan.
Lightly beat the egg white; add water, and beat until frothy but not stiff. Add the nuts, and stir until well coated. Mix the sugar, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the nuts. Toss to coat, and spread evenly on the prepared pan.
Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until golden. Allow to cool, then store nuts in airtight containers.