The "What's For Supper?" Thread

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
bittersweetbranch

Re: The "What's For Supper?" Thread

Unread post by bittersweetbranch »

Rhodie...I would love the company. I will make plenty for everyone LOL

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh »

We had homemade macaroni and cheese and salmon patties for supper tonight. Kid ate with us. As I was cooking them, he told me to make a lot because he was eating about 10 of them. |em12|

He did eat well, but he only made it through one big patty. |em23|
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

bittersweetbranch

Unread post by bittersweetbranch »

2 of my faves. We don't get Salmon near as often as I would like. We do get to do homemade mac and cheese once in a while. Did you season the Salmon or just have it natural? It's great with a dill sauce or some teriyaki. Ummmmm

Farmfresh

Salmon patties ala Grandma Nettie. Just canned salmon, egg and gluten free saltine crackers crumbed up. Mash it all together and make a patty then saute in a bit of olive oil. Fast, cheap easy and delish!

But I love salmon anyway I can get it. I especially like to by a big filleted half a salmon and grill it with a bit of lemon and pepper. Yum. We usually use a bit of fruitwood on the grill or maple wood. That makes it taste even better.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch »

YUM!
Found water and ------better weather, yeah, maybe not.....

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil »

I’m making gluten free pepperoni pizza bread today. I want something quick and easy.

Patience

Unread post by Patience »

Beef and noodles! Comfort food.

Farmfresh

Oh my Grandma Nettie's Beef and Homemade Egg Noodles. One of my all time BEST memories.

Patience

Exactly! And you’ve got us thinking about making salmon patties!

Patience

We had a head of cabbage and a few sweet potatoes on hand so I ran a search for those ingredients. The recipe we chose used lentils and tomatoes and other pantry stuff with our cabbage and sweet potatoes.

https://pinchofyum.com/creamy-thai-swee ... and-lentil

Substituted wildly. Substituted poblano peppers for jalapeños. Shallots for the onion. Regular canned tomatoes for fire roasted.

Whizzed the stick blender in the lentil / sweet potato / tomato pot before tossing the sautéed cabbage in.

We finished it with a serious heaped tablespoon of cumin seeds crackled in hot ghee and poured that over top. They call this “tempering” in Indian recipes. Pretty fancy, huh?

Served it over leftover brown rice. Still had frozen naan to eat with. Still can’t believe we can just BUY it!

30-45 minutes. Mostly stir as I went by once the prep was done.

It is a KEEPER! Got it on a recipe card and in the recipe box already.