ALTERNATIVE IC FUELS.

Everything else energy!
Dirtdevil

ALTERNATIVE IC FUELS.

Unread post by Dirtdevil » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:57 pm

In a different thread some mention was made of post SHTF fuels. Bio-diesel and Black Diesel. It is easy to find video on You-tube about producing either. I'll stick some in this thread later. What I want to say about it now is that if you are planning to use either, now is the time to stock pile the raw ingredients. No one will be growing corn or soy for a number of years so either plant the crops and process the oil soon or find a source for it and figure out how to store it without it spoiling. Actually I think that planting field crops even this year will be a big gamble weather wise. As for used machine oils, I would find some sources now and stock pile that as well. Easily stored in 55 gallons barrels treated with mildew inhibitors. However even problems that may be present in stored used oils will be eliminated as they are turned into useable fuel.

The ability to produce Methanol or a source of methanol would be necessary to create Black diesel and most Green Diesel, or vegetable oil based bio-diesel is mixed with ten per cent methanol as well. A methanol still is an easy build but methanol is corrosive and it best processed in a stainless steel pot still. It would be good to have a suitable stainless barrel or other seal-able stainless container on hand. The ability to process wood as slivers rather that chips or saw dust will also enhance the production process.

Farmfresh

Re: ALTERNATIVE IC FUELS.

Unread post by Farmfresh » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:06 pm

I am keeping several sets of horse harness and I have a friend down the road with several horses. That shall suffice for me.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Dirtdevil

Unread post by Dirtdevil » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:29 am

In my visions there is no graze-able feed.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:38 am

In my REALISTIC visions... I am dead.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Dirtdevil

Unread post by Dirtdevil » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:26 am

Doesn't matter. Us old folks are here to hopefully get the idiot youths some kind of start. After that I'm ready for a nice long dirt nap. However in the meantime we should prepare for the possibilities. I see visions. I assume that they are true but it is still foolish to put all the eggs in one basket. Perhaps there will be graze-able land and perhaps there won't. The wise person would hope for the best and plan for the worst.

Dirtdevil

Unread post by Dirtdevil » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:42 am

Waste oil centrifuge made from readily available parts. Does anyone else have any interest in this?

Icu4dzs

Unread post by Icu4dzs » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:34 pm

Seems a simple enough build. I'd wonder what an old washing machine might do. Same idea but has a pump to get the oil out of the barrel...
I'd have to study it again. Then of course, I need to study how to make a heater that burns Waste oil...
I wonder if a roll of TP would do a good "pre-cleaning" of the oil...assuming you don't have any planned shortages of precious TP...just sayin'
Your believing it is not required for it to be true. TMM
I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and NOT have it!
Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni
Trim sends
//BT//

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:58 pm

The guys that make fuel out of old vegetable shortening use a pair of denim jeans as a filter. You fold them in half front to back, with the legs together like you were going to hang them up, then grab both cuffs on one leg and one cuff on the other and turn them so that one leg of the jeans is inside of the other one. Then you take all of the cuffs and roll them a couple of times and sew into place well. You can now hang your cloth funnel at the top of a barrel or bucket and pour the liquid to be filtered down the pants leg. The double denim is supposed to do a wonderful job as a long lasting filter.

Return to “Power On”