Grocery store prices have started to rise sharply

Vent away!
Old Fashioned

Re: Grocery store prices have started to rise sharply

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:10 pm

Patrice, I'm sure there probably is, I've just never considered it and don't know for sure if or where. As I said, we are doing ok with what we have so it's not like we're completely out of anything. I'm just trying to be inconspicuous and as a 'just in case' pick up a little additional here & there.

Farm, yes I know and it will be what we have in the near future. Just I like to have atleast a little bit of most everything we would normally have or use AND sometimes sourdough just doesn't cut it...….although I know at some point I won't have a choice in the matter.

I hadn't been to Walmart in about 2 weeks or so......so I headed over there this morning and ended up spending way too much money...…….but did get a lot of things we needed (today or whenever). Managed to find some yeast but they only had one jar left or I would have bought 2 or 3. Atleast now we should be stocked up for a month or two, with the exception of fresh produce and milk in a week or two.

Speaking of money, I'm kinda stuck on just what to do...……should I save it for future needs (including car or house repairs) or considering how volatile the financial outlook is and the possibility it's better used as a TP replacement----should I spend it on things to help us thru this disaster, while it can still be bought and money still has value????? I ask because if real push comes to real shove, we're going to need all 3 vehicles up, running and reliable/dependable and right now none of them are. It also doesn't help that currently any mechanics in the family just don't have time to mess with it. Mind you, it's not like we have a bankroll or anything like that, just a few bucks that is needed in more places than dollars available. |em22|

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:32 pm

Fix the cars. Gas is getting cheaper and cheaper, and who knows if the cars/trucks will come in handy with side jobs.

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:12 pm

Thanks Murph, that's kinda what I was thinking too...….plus if we had too, we could pack them up and get out of here to a more safer area. 2 older trucks and a small car....but again, I got lazy mechanics and those vehicles pretty much just sit. #3's car & #2's truck do run, but only safe or reliable for short distances less than 10 miles. My truck as well, except now it's out of commission entirely until #2 is willing (I repeat willing) to work on it. And having to pay a mechanic to do the work needed on all of them or even one of them, would cost a lot more than what we can afford.

Return to “Sometime I Just Want to Scream!”