Now that the S has HTF.......

Farmfresh

Re: Now that the S has HTF.......

Unread post by Farmfresh » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:57 am

We are playing chess.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:28 am

I don't know about that Farm....too many people have been buying up all the TP in the hopes of selling it for profit OR I've also heard that some had bought a bunch, just to return it later after the panic is over. Though I don't know how true that is, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were.
I do agree that the problem isn't the virus itself, but the panic the media has caused...….When I told the boys 'THIS' is why I do what I do and they are starting to see what I've been preaching for years......Then of course they ask how much TP we have, 'is that enough? don't we need more? Let's go get some more' to which #2 insisted going to the store and seen for himself there wasn't anymore to be had. Also told them both, that this will probably be over soon & back to somewhat normal atleast for a time, though nobody knows for how long. IF/when it does calm down I will be doubling my efforts.

As for canning jars & supplies.....when I was in Walmart the other day I swung by that area just to see if maybe there was a sale since I'm always looking for cheap jars. I was surprised to see their normal stock of jars & lids were down about half. Normally that would only happen later in the canning season. There was only 2 cases of WM pints, no WM quarts, several RM pints & quarts and even Ball lids. NO Ball WM lids or either of the Mainstay lids.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:23 am

Well... They won't be taking it back. Several of the stores have already implemented a no returns policy on paper goods and hand sanitizer. LOL If you bought 20 years worth of toilet paper folks... it is yours now.

Toilet paper is like the whole buy gold thing. You can't EAT either. I understand some people will always want both, but I saw a thing where a homesteader went to a homestead conference with a US Certified gold coin and tried to purchase some items. No one would take the coin. Not at face value and not at Double it's worth. That was BEFORE this stuff. Right now you may have a barter market for soap, hand sanitizer and toilet paper, but I doubt it they will even swap a bottle of sanitizer for a gold coin right now.

You buy that gold William Devane, I'd ratter buy seeds and canning jars.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Rhodie Ranch

Unread post by Rhodie Ranch » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:55 am

Yup. Several chains out here say no returns on TP, paper towels, or cleaning supplies. Time to pay the rent in two weeks? Oh, don't expect to get any of your money back for those items.

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:20 pm

No, but they can still sell it now to people that don't have it. Hopefully if they do, they don't gouge the prices too much, but they probably will......idiots |em9|

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:45 pm

A few more thoughts rolling around in my head...………..

if there was some type of skill or homesteady or prepper stuff that you've been putting off...…..now is the time to do it or learn about it. If you're on a computer and have a printer, get to looking it up and print it off. I have the PC, I just don't have a printer & have to write stuff down....now that the library is closed.

It's going to be impossible to learn so much information on atleast some topics, so you may have to decide which skills you will need to know (prioritize) and focus on those. Should this really be the TEOTWAWKI......then it may not be long before we lose internet and/or digital capacity

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:33 pm

OF can you save the information to a disc or memory stick? Or maybe even just copy and save it to a note program

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:16 pm

No Patrice, but my thought was if the grid is shut down and we don't have anyway of retrieving info |em17|

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:30 pm

Gotcha OF

Return to “In The News - Another Reason to Scream!”