Are you kidding me?

Icu4dzs

Re: Are you kidding me?

Unread post by Icu4dzs »

While I certainly wouldn’t refuse such a gift, I don’t think I am worthy of it. Do I believe? Absolutely yes I do believe.

The problem is that I am probably not the kind who deserves it. Ive done some pretty bad things if you wanna be honest about it.

I have always believed that MY CALLING ON THIS EARTH, in this life time, is to be here AFTER THE GREAT TRIBULATION to be part of the rebirth of the world G*d gave you and me to live on.

Being 71 now (I still have difficulty understanding THAT), it occurs to me that if I am correct in my understanding of MY MISSION, then it must be here or REALLY CLOSE.

I don’t expect to live 300 or 900+ years so how else can I interpret what I’ve been led to believe ?

In either case, I expect to (and very much want to) still be USEFUL for the entire time I am here, otherwise what sense would my being here (with what I believe is my mission), make?

Fundamentally, we don’t disagree on any of this. I just am not sure I deserve to get to leave so easily before my mission here on earth is completely fulfilled. Jesus certainly didn’t get that privilege so what would make me think that I deserve it?

I do know that the one thing I want most is to be told, “Well done, thou good and faithful servant!” when I am called to face HIM and answer for my behavior while I have been here. That’s my one and most important goal in all of this. I’ve tried to live a “SERVICE TO OTHERS” life. I really don’t want to fail this course. A passing grade is my deepest desire.
Cheers
Trim sends
Your believing it is not required for it to be true. TMM
I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and NOT have it!
Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni
Trim sends
//BT//

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh »

Like I said... I feel like we agree on the important things and a vast amount of the little in the weeds stuff. I guess we both shall have to wait and see how God's mighty plan unfolds. Thankfully we both have an eternity to watch it all play out.

But as far as this goes...
Icu4dzs wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:45 am While I certainly wouldn’t refuse such a gift, I don’t think I am worthy of it. Do I believe? Absolutely yes I do believe.

The problem is that I am probably not the kind who deserves it. Ive done some pretty bad things if you wanna be honest about it.
God is ABSOLUTE Holiness and Goodness. Like the brightest of all pure white light. Not the tiniest particle of darkness or evil can exist in His Presence.

With that being the criteria to be met, NO ONE could ever "deserve it".

Paul explains it best in Romans 3 and funny how a couple THOUSAND years later people have not changed.

Romans 3:10 - 21

10As it is written:

“There is no one righteous, not even one;
11there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.

12All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.”

13“Their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit.”

“The poison of vipers is on their lips.”
14“Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”

15“Their feet are swift to shed blood;

16ruin and misery mark their ways, 17and the way of peace they do not know.”

18“There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

19Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. 20Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

21But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.

And thankfully HE wanted us and LOVED us enough to want us to be able to be with him - close up and personal. So HE figured out a way to eliminate that darkness from us, so we could be in His Presence. Jesus Christ and Him Crucified.

Romans 3:23 - 26

23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
24and all are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

25God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of His blood—to be received by faith.
He did this to demonstrate His righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—

26He did it to demonstrate His righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the One who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

As long as we believe that part... the rest is just gravy. |em23|
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Icu4dzs

Unread post by Icu4dzs »

I have spent much of my life preparing myself for this time. I have acquired a vast number of skills that many folks never even consider. Why did I do this? What drove me to gain all this information? I can only say that I was "lead" to do it because of what I believe will be required of me "AFTER" TGC.

How do I know this? I honestly can't say with any certainty. I know that I have known something since I was 8 years old. I could explain that but it would take a very long post. Suffice it to say, books like "Swiss Family Robinson" and Robinson Crusoe "spoke to me way down inside" even after that.

Now I am living on a farm; am somewhat self-sufficient and as long as no one destroys what I am doing, will be able to subsist on this farm despite what may happen elsewhere, such as in big cities, etc. Many folks have not made any attempt to be ready for a societal collapse. That is what concerns me. Here, it gets to -20F for weeks on end and if you aren't prepared for dealing with that, life will quickly come to a screeching halt. Food in the pantry to hold you over till the supply system is "reborn" is another of those issues that many folks just haven't had time for because of their "chosen fields of endeavor" as well as their social life. Me, I have no social life other than when I visit the local Hutterite colony for feed for my chickens and hogs. (l pay only $27.75 for 300 lbs. of balanced diet for my animals.)

While I was working, I saved most of my income and what I spent was on things to be able to do for myself in the event that things aren't available for quite some time. It's one thing to own those things, but another thing entirely to be able to USE them effectively much less at all. Many of them were things for which I had NO, repeat NO training whatsoever. I did watch a lot of Youtube in order to learn some of that and the rest I learned by just doing it.

I have been unable to read books for the past several years because I am so busy "DOING" things with my hands rather than sitting and reading. I spent the first 57 years of my life reading medicine. I was insatiable when it came to that. Now, I can't even look at a book or journal.

But, I can milk a cow. I can weld. I can turn on a metal lathe. I can mill steel on a milling machine. I can sharpen about every tool that needs to be sharp, including carbide saw blades. I can operate a tractor, cut, rake, bale, and haul hay. I can go on but the list is too long to recite. I learned it all since I have been here. I still use some power tools but I am now essentially competent with hand tools for things like building furniture. I have built a barn with my own hands.

Having all these new and vital skills and the resources to obtain the tools necessary to employ those skills was NOT an exercise in futility IMHO. There's a reason I had to learn all that. I believe that reason is just about here now. California is truly "ON FIRE" for more reasons than just wild fires in the vast empty lands. We are on the brink of a serious change in this nation and until that is past, nothing is going to ever be the same again.

The "authorities" are looking for Covid-19 virus in the water supply now. It makes sense to look there since so many folks who have had it had to shed it some way. Imagine that? You know that polio virus is still out there and that many of the "anti-immunization" wacko's are slowly diluting the "herd-immunity" such that in not too long from now, polio will return to this nation and those wacko's will have little Susie's blood on THEIR HANDS!!! Study the Case Fatality rate of Covid-19 and Influenza. There are some issues that will amaze you. Probably, the covid issue will become unimportant to the "political elites" after the election. We'll see... |em28|

Despite all the things that are about to happen, I continue to believe that G*d, in HIS infinite wisdom, will help me through this and come out on the other side, in order for me to do what I deeply and firmly believe I was sent here to do...i.e. help rebuild society after TGC; which I believe is about to happen...not in years but perhaps in days to weeks. Though I'd prefer to be wrong, that is NOT the horse to put my $2 on today. That long list of skills that I have acquired (along with a large number of unrelated to those skills acquired earlier in life) will become not only necessary for MY survival but the survival of a lot of folks who will have no clue as to where to start.

We here know how to plant, tend and harvest a garden after which we know how to preserve the garden products to get us over the winter. I think it is safe to assume that we are indeed in the "MINORITY" in this nation because everyone has become so "specialized" in their little field of endeavor. They go to their "job" then after work, go to the "happy hour" and then drag themselves home to do it all over again the next day. Admittedly, some are not like that but those are NOT the majority of folks. More's the pity!

So for now, am I duly and truly prepared? Worthy and well qualified? Have I made suitable proficiency in the preceding degrees? Only time will tell; but as I said, that time may be much shorter than the "grasshopper" population wants to believe.

May G*d have mercy on ALL of us...
- -- --/ - -- --
Trim sends
Trim sends
//BT//

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh »

A few nights ago my hubby and I had a pretty interesting conversation.

I have always been like you. Driven to learn skill sets. I am not a doctor (nor do I play one on TV. LOL) but I can cook, sew, quilt, garden, raise critters, make soap, tan hides and am a pretty decent carpenter, electrician, plumber and wood worker. (At least I KNOW how to do that stuff - these day physically accomplishing them... not so much.)

I too have always thought there was a REASON I needed to know all this random stuff. Maybe we are going to need it very soon... as you believe, but let me pose this thought to you too. What if we are in training for eternity?

That is what my recent conversation was all about.. There is going to be a new Earth eventually. I for one do not think our eternity is going to be spent strumming a harp on some fluffy cloud. I think we are going to have JOBS and projects in eternity. After all, God didn't put Adam and Eve in the garden and make them a sofa, he put them to work! They tended the gardens and took care of the animals.

I think no matter what Doc, all those skills you learned... except maybe the doctoring bit ... might just be put to use sooner or later.
Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
"Stop Dreaming About the Good Life and Start Living IT !"
Every little bit ... is a little bit.

Icu4dzs

Unread post by Icu4dzs »

Farmfresh wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:50 pm There is going to be a new Earth eventually. I for one do not think our eternity is going to be spent strumming a harp on some fluffy cloud. I think we are going to have JOBS and projects in eternity. After all, God didn't put Adam and Eve in the garden and make them a sofa, he put them to work! They tended the gardens and took care of the animals.

I think no matter what Doc, all those skills you learned... except maybe the doctoring bit ... might just be put to use sooner or later.
Exactly. Like will Rogers said, “if there’s no dogs in heaven, I wanna go where they went.”
That cloud thing doesn’t appeal to me either. I got to be busy. My soul os nourished by meaningful work and since it will be our soul that does the travel, I’m thinking all this probably has a future purpose elsewhere.
Trim sends
//BT//

Return to “In The News - Another Reason to Scream!”