Homemade Dog Food questions

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
Old Fashioned

Homemade Dog Food questions

Unread post by Old Fashioned »

Does anyone here make their own dog food and/or treats? If so, would you please share your recipes? Do you feed raw or cooked? Do you add vitamin/mineral supplements? If so, what & how much? How much and how often do you feed? Do you make it up fresh every day? Or make large batches for a week or more? How do you store it? Anything else I'm forgetting to ask or I should know? |em20|

ps.....I know not to feed onions, garlic, grapes, raisins, chocolate, etc. even though our dogs have eaten several of those things & still lived to tell about it :roll:

animalfarm

Re: Homemade Dog Food questions

Unread post by animalfarm »

I am not going to be of much help. I just throw my dogs a lump of meat every now and then. They snack out of the kitchen pig bucket before the pigs get the contents, they get some milk fresh from the cow when I milk, they help themselves to the ground peas and wheat for the chickens and pigs, they have eaten the equivilent of six pairs of gloves, several rolls of shop towels, some plastic buckets, a boot or two, some fire wood and I don't want to know what else that they find around the farm aside from pig poop to eat. They hardly ever eat the dog food I give them that comes in a fancy bag; not even the bag. They are big, shiny, healthy nine month old puppies with glowing white teeth. They should at least have a tummy ache but they don't.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh »

Sounds like a delicious diet!
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned »

|em12|