Leftover Turkey Ideas

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
Old Fashioned

Leftover Turkey Ideas

Unread post by Old Fashioned »

Just to mix it up, last night we had pizza and tonight I'm planning turkey alfredo or is it considered tetrazzini when you add mushrooms & veggies? Anyway I was thinking of what I usually make and I need some new ideas to use up the leftover turkey.

Over the years, the things I've made usually include...…

1. Alfredo/Tetrazzini, like we'll have tonight
2. Turkey, veggie, noodle soup...with or without dumplings (if without, can be either American style or Glorified Ramen Soup)
3. Enchiladas
4. Quesadillas
5. Stir fry
6. Pot pie
7. Open faced sammiches with other leftovers....standard rehash of T=day

I do have the bones in the freezer for a batch of broth, but would need to get more bones &/or parts for a canning session cause I need more broth. And I could can up the meat in the broth, but I'm not ready to do that yet and I hate the taste of frozen leftover turkey. And of course I'm not a big turkey fan anyway. Other than #7, there is usually enough other seasoning & flavors that hide the turkey taste. But I just think it's time to look at other options. Any ideas????

Farmfresh

Re: Leftover Turkey Ideas

Unread post by Farmfresh »

We have turkey bone broth going as we speak. The carcass goes straight into the crockpot from the Thanksgiving table along with water, a splash of vinegar. Later I will add some onions, celery and maybe even some carrots.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

patriceinil

Unread post by patriceinil »

Turkey ala king is another good one.

Years ago Baker’s Square restaurant had a pita sandwich with turkey, broccoli and Swiss cheese aka turkey Divan pita. Those were my favorite along with the cauliflower soup and breadsticks.

Farmfresh

How about making some of the left over turkey into that homemade lunch meat. I posted the video on that the other day. It looks easy and tasty as well.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

Farmfresh