Awesome Gluten Free Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza

Family favorites and special dishes. Share your best recipes here.
patriceinil

Re: Awesome Gluten Free Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza

Unread post by patriceinil »

I just can’t understand how people can afford to eat out all the time when fast food and delivery are so expensive for the little bit of food that you get.

My son orders Door Dash several times a week and multiple times on the weekends. He drops $20-$50 each time he orders and he’s planning to move out. Good luck with that when you spend what amounts to a months rent on fast food for the month.

Farmfresh

Unread post by Farmfresh »

Geek WAS doing that. Now he is doing Freshly. The meals are REALLY delicious. Balanced. Stick in the microwave easy. AND most of them are Gluten Free. It is still expensive, but he is eating better and saving money compared to his Door Dash habit.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

Old Fashioned

Unread post by Old Fashioned »

I don't understand it either how people can afford to do that all the time. Both boys have a few times, especially #3 after he first started working & making his own money to pay for it. After a few times, he slowed waaaay down on that. They usually buy anything they want that I don't have. Usually #2 buys himself some beer, maybe some snacks he likes or will get a take out lunch when he's tired of sandwiches. #3 usually makes a trip to the store about once a week to load up on his snacks, teas & sodas. Once in a while he'll buy his lunch if they have time to stop somewhere when out on a job.

There is one neighbor, that I don't think they've made a home cooked meal in a few years. Other than the husband doing an occasional grilled steak on a nice day. She is often gone either to work or dog shows and she's always buying her meals. The oldest son, who is good friends with both my boys and now works with #2, buys all his meals at drive thrus and I doubt he has any groceries in his apartment. I couldn't live like that, always eating out, drive thru or take out

Anyway, it'll probably be another couple of months before I buy from a restaurant again. I was just lazy today and didn't feel like cooking and boy did I pay for it too |em3|

patriceinil

I bought steak tacos from the taco truck in town for lunch. It was cheap and delicious so I don’t mind spending a little $$ for a quick lunch that is helping a small local business.

I got 3 steak tacos on corn tortillas for $6.69 and they were loaded with meat. I actually pulled some of the steak off to mix into Percy’s dog food as a treat for him. I usually have enough for 2-3 feedings for him. I only give him about a tablespoon ripped into teeny tiny pieces and mixed into his moistened dry food to give it extra flavor.

To me that’s well worth the money!

Old Fashioned

That is a good deal for those tacos and yes I like to help local small business's as well but couldn't think of anyone that makes pizza and deliver it too to my area. Dominos is the only one that does. Like I said, I was being lazy and didn't even want to go pick up something. |em28|

Farmfresh

Eating out occasionally is nice. It is the everyday trips that are so crazy expensive. In some ways I understand when Geek goes out. He has a good job and is basically only feeding himself. I feed him occasionally (and he brings stuff home for his dad and buys me sodas and stuff) , but mostly he takes care of his own meals. It is hard to cook for one person and just takes less time and thought altogether to go buy something when you are hungry. On the cartoon Futurama, they show ads for a product called "Bachelor Chow... "Now with flavor!"" I honestly think that something like that would sell for the average single guy.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. -The Tick ~~ Bible verse Revelation 6:15-17 - look it up!

Old Fashioned

I think you're right that it would be a big hit for singles. I remember when I was and I rarely ate.....because it was more work than it was worth really.

patriceinil

I can relate, that’s why I don’t cook that often anymore. Well, that and being in pain and not able to stand long enough to cook somethings.

Farmfresh

I have a BIG office chair with wheels (Habitat for Humanity - $10.) The hydraulics lift it slightly taller than the average chair height. It now lives in my kitchen. With my commercial sink I can pull up with feet under to do dishes. I also coast that little begger over to cook. My next project needs to be an apron / splash guard. There have been occasions where I am cooking sat down and dripped hot stuff into my lap. No big spills yet, but I have to stay aware for sure. Still... It is way better than trying to stand and cook.

patriceinil

Unfortunately my kitchen is too small for something like that. :sad: